• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but if not...

Revival is VERY similar to Rachel Rising by Terry Moore (which is an earlier story).

Why is Revival such a big deal and Rachel Rising isn't? Because Revival has an Image logo on it? (shrug)

1. Image Logo

2. Black and White Artwork

3. Timing

That being said I love Revival, but in my opinion RR is a better story.

Definitely timing. Image logo sure helps too.

Well honestly I have never even heard of Rachel Rising until people in this thread complained that its Revival done better. But I'm attached to Revival so I see no reason to abandon a good story line just because someone thinks someone else story is better. That's like jumping out of a perfectly good ship in the middle of the ocean because someone thinks the ship 5 miles off in the distance may have better food. (shrug)

And yes, it's a terrible simile but it made me laugh so (tsk) to all you haters.

Revival is VERY similar to Rachel Rising by Terry Moore (which is an earlier story).

Why is Revival such a big deal and Rachel Rising isn't? Because Revival has an Image logo on it? (shrug)

1. Image Logo

3. Timing

Well honestly I have never even heard of Rachel Rising until people in this thread complained that its Revival done better. But I'm attached to Revival so I see no reason to abandon a good story line just because someone thinks someone else story is better. That's like jumping out of a perfectly good ship in the middle of the ocean because someone thinks the ship 5 miles off in the distance may have better food. (shrug)

And yes, it's a terrible simile but it made me laugh so (tsk) to all you haters.

That's akin to someone not reading All-New X-Men just because they read Uncanny X-Men, or saying that someone shouldn't read Walking Dead because just like so many stories out there it's about people coming back from the dead. Just different perspectives on the same underlying theme.

Believe me, I'm not taking anything away from Revival, I absolutely love the series, as does my wife. I'll continue to read both, but I'm still intellectually curious about why one has gained the popularity it has when the other, as you yourself said, has people that have never even heard of it before. (shrug)

:signfunny:

1. Image Logo

3. Timing

That's akin to someone not reading All-New X-Men just because they read Uncanny X-Men, or saying that someone shouldn't read Walking Dead because just like so many stories out there it's about people coming back from the dead. Just different perspectives on the same underlying theme.

Believe me, I'm not taking anything away from Revival, I absolutely love the series, as does my wife. I'll continue to read both, but I'm still intellectually curious about why one has gained the popularity it has when the other, as you yourself said, has people that have never even heard of it before. (shrug)

You've already received your answer, though - Revival is published by Image, RR is not. In today's comic book market that's all there is to it, really.

July for the 2nd trade

revivaltpb2-200x300.jpg

REVIVAL TP VOL 02 LIVE LIKE YOU MEAN IT

(W) Tim Seeley (A) Mike Norton, Mark Englert (CA) Mike Norton, Jenny Frison

story TIM SEELEY

art MIKE NORTON & MARK ENGLERT

cover MIKE NORTON & JENNY FRISON

For one day in rural central Wisconsin, the dead came back to life. Now the living and the recently returned struggle to maintain a sense of normalcy, amidst political and religious conflicts.

Collects REVIVAL #6-11.

Cause no one sold a #1 for $1,000,000 and no TV news came out. :makepoint:

I commented in the other revival thread yesterday. I liked this issue. Story is starting to move along

lol you're probably right.

I really liked this issue. There was a lot of stuff happening, and it's making me anxious for the next. The pace is picking up.