• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

The book isn't for everyone.

I'd love to see it hit Saga levels but 'cult' / fan favorites rarely get mass appeal.

(my thoughts always turn to Twin Peaks when I think of Revival)

Something the book / Tim Seeley doesn't get enough attention for is that this it is written with TWO strong female leads. The characters are written honestly and don't fall into conventional male / female roles.

Twin peaks. :applause:

The book isn't for everyone.

I'd love to see it hit Saga levels but 'cult' / fan favorites rarely get mass appeal.

(my thoughts always turn to Twin Peaks when I think of Revival)

Something the book / Tim Seeley doesn't get enough attention for is that this it is written with TWO strong female leads. The characters are written honestly and don't fall into conventional male / female roles.

Twin peaks. :applause:

I agree with you. Its very David Lynch style. I don't think fan's know how to accept 2 women in the lead, when the majority, not all, want books with tons of sex and violence, uber, helheim, sex etc. They seem to forget about how good the storytelling is.

I picked up this series at first because my LCS told me it was due for a TV series and, as a newbie, I thought that was appealing. I read the TPB and loved it, and since then have not been able to stop getting issues and slabs etc. I prefer picking up Revival above all other series. No TV series is a pity but I'm hoping it'll get over the speculation phase and be one that lasts and appreciates over time.

My view from here afar :hi:

I agree, there's a preconception out there that every new series must be picked up by a network for it to do well, which in itself creates false demand

I picked up this series at first because my LCS told me it was due for a TV series

THIS is the main thing wrong with comic book collecting today.

Buy what you like. Full stop.

That's not what's wrong with comic book collecting. He bought the tpb, to see what the "hype" was about, not 500 copies of #1 to speculate on. I did the same with saga (not my cup of tea.)

Reading what you like, sounds great but how do you know you like something? With so many titles to choose from, hard to find everything you like.

Has there been any news about the tv show since the article in november of 2012 about NBC picking it up?

Seriously? If so, yes.

I really hope 'the Returned' doesn't bring further aggrevation and frustration for Revival fans.

I pray that rip off novel doesn't hit the best sellers list.

Has there been any news about the tv show since the article in november of 2012 about NBC picking it up?

Seriously? If so, yes.

I really hope 'the Returned' doesn't bring further aggrevation and frustration for Revival fans.

I watched the first episode of The Returned earlier this week and thought it was bloody good.

I heard now abc changed the title to Resurrection?. But I have yet found any info on the nbc development. Yeah its strange how a network steals like this, the book wasn't even published when the news broke.

I hope Seeley or Image sues em or threatens to sue.

Edited by natevegas

Seriously? If so, yes.

I watched the first episode of The Returned earlier this week and thought it was bloody good.

The Returned (Ressurected or whatever) worries me. If NBC Universal are picking up Revival, they're likely way behind ABC. The Returned have Brad Pitt's production team, they've already identified a cast and it seems as though they have a pilot.

Even if Revival airs (my guess is on Syfy), it'll seem like Revival are the copy cats when we all know the opposite may be true.

Everything on TV is a ripoff of something else. Nothing is original anymore. Success of The Returned could actually help Revival get a show. And people would probably assume Revival is the copycat but if the show is better, then no one will care.

On a side note, I vote they go animated like that clip someone posted a while ago. I think it was the preview for the french release of the TPB?

Edited by HugeRosen