• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

Just read it! :cloud9:

I really love the story, characters, etc etc... It just seems like it takes me two minutes to read it and I'm left :whistle: waiting for next month to get here.... It truly feels like it has the pacing of Lost!

Still a great read!

But have you seen the market?

Last sales for a Blue 9.8

$38

$35

$34

What on Earth is going on with Revival as far as the secondary market goes?

Insanely low prices (I have no dog in this race - sold out all my #1's months ago) - any reason? There is no glut as far as I can see.

Still a great read!

$38

$35

$34

Insanely low prices (I have no dog in this race - sold out all my #1's months ago) - any reason? There is no glut as far as I can see.

700+ 9.8's (and counting) for a book that sells 15k a month. i'd hate to see what a glut looked like.

The modern market appears to be correcting itself, generally there are lows in the summer months however this seems to be much more drastic and it may not simply be the timing, many in the modern market think this is actually a market correction and Revival is not the only book experiencing this drop in pricing.

Still a great read!

$38

$35

$34

700+ 9.8's (and counting) for a book that sells 15k a month. i'd hate to see what a glut looked like.

I was referring to ebay, as you jolly well know.

The modern market appears to be correcting itself, generally there are lows in the summer months however this seems to be much more drastic and it may not simply be the timing, many in the modern market think this is actually a market correction and Revival is not the only book experiencing this drop in pricing.
. Are you saying the emperor has no clothes? The market was in dire need of correction and in the long term a correction is a good thing. The only thing that creates long term value in a comic are collectors. The books that are collected will maintain their value long term. The books that came out recently that have a collector base are not cooling off, they are holding steady or rising. The thing that has changed is that speculators are gunshy and are not able to sell to other speculators right now.

Good post Mike - plus people are keeping their cards VERY close to their chest.

Even 48 hrs can be a $300 advantage.

Not the time to be a new 'speculator' - it's gone back to how it should be, hard work and lots of effort.

Anyone who says this is easy money, is full of it.