• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Easter Color ASM 42 revealed

68 posts in this topic

Personally I don't care if they did not they didn't I have the scan from the original book.

:devil:

The point is, if the stamp was authentic, you would expect it to be marked a file copy. As far as your $40 investment paying off, I looked at GPA and a 9.0 SP sold in 8/11 for $37.

I've own Bethlehem copies with the obvious cover date stamp that were never noted as such, because they weren't submitted as a Pedigree. Some times a grader will notice something (pedigree data stamp or hand written arrival date, etc.) and take the initiative to do the research, sometimes they won't.

Either way, its a sweet book, and I think well worth $40. :applause:

I remember the prior thread where you were told about the Fantasia situation and you went all RMA while everyone just kinda looked at you.

I guess your definition of mess storm is different than mine. lol

Funny post from that thread:

I am REAL good at spotting trimmed books.

With using a scan only( can't have it in hand, obviously), I say that it is NOT trimmed.

CAL :busy:

I remember the prior thread where you were told about the Fantasia situation and you went all RMA while everyone just kinda looked at you.

That's what makes his first post absolute comedy gold. CGC bore out exactly what everyone told him was going to happen, yet somehow he is vindicated. lol:ohnoez:

I wasn't the only one... the thread that was linked was started my another board member who was asking about his book. I only wanted to point out that the Danny books seemed to have a simular stamp but a "signature" added.

I'm sure I'll never be able to prove just where this came from, but I'm happy with the final grade just wished it was a Blue.

That's what makes his first post absolute comedy gold. CGC bore out exactly what everyone told him was going to happen, yet somehow he is vindicated. lol:ohnoez:

It was stated that it was done PROFESSIONALLY not by some Amature. :makepoint:

:ohnoez:

:ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez:

:ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez:

Justice is in the eye of the beholder. lol

A professional thief, yes.

What exactly are you vindicated about then? That it wasn't a Danny manipulated book? Without knowing who did the trimming and ct, you can't claim that. That it is a genuine file copy, not a Fantazia created fake file copy? That doesn't seem to have been resolved either. That you got a deal for a high grade, trimmed book? Maybe so.

Webhead, I'm glad to see that your book came back with a grade that makes you happy. I'm also glad to read that you paid just $40 for the book. And, of course, you are more than free to believe whatever you want to believe.

However, as the saying goes, you may be entitled to your own opinion, but you're not entitled to your own facts. And the fact is it is well documented that any and all "Eastern File Copies" with that same stamp are a fraud that was originally perpetuated by Danny Dupchek. I'm sure you saw all the links in the older thread that you mentioned, so I won't bother to go digging them all up now.

In your post at the start of this thread you somewhat rhetorically asked, "Why some insufficiently_thoughtful_person would tamper with a Near Mint book is a mystery." The thing is, it is no mystery at all--it was all part of Danny's M.O for the con. First, the book likely wasn't NM. He would take nice books, likely in the VF range, and do exactly what was done to this book--color touch and trim. Then, he'd stamp them with his fake stamp. Then he'd advertise and sell them as untouched MINT file copies from the fictional warehouse find that he created.

The fact is boardies saw the stamp and immediately knew that the book would come back plod. What's important here is every board member should always be aware of two simple facts: 1) Eastern File copies are a fraud, 2) 99% of so-called Eastern File Copies will come back PLOD, as predicted for and shown by this copy, because that was a key part of the fraud.

Paying $40 for the copy you own, no problem. But if someone were to pay anything close to FMV at NM, they would be getting ripped off big time. It is irresponsible to encourage others to believe that any Eastern File Copy can be anything other than PLOD and a fraud.

Webhead, I'm glad to see that your book came back with a grade that makes you happy. I'm also glad to read that you paid just $40 for the book. And, of course, you are more than free to believe whatever you want to believe.

However, as the saying goes, you may be entitled to your own opinion, but you're not entitled to your own facts. And the fact is it is well documented that any and all "Eastern File Copies" with that same stamp are a fraud that was originally perpetuated by Danny Dupchek. I'm sure you saw all the links in the older thread that you mentioned, so I won't bother to go digging them all up now.

In your post at the start of this thread you somewhat rhetorically asked, "Why some insufficiently_thoughtful_person would tamper with a Near Mint book is a mystery." The thing is, it is no mystery at all--it was all part of Danny's M.O for the con. First, the book likely wasn't NM. He would take nice books, likely in the VF range, and do exactly what was done to this book--color touch and trim. Then, he'd stamp them with his fake stamp. Then he'd advertise and sell them as untouched MINT file copies from the fictional warehouse find that he created.

The fact is boardies saw the stamp and immediately knew that the book would come back plod. What's important here is every board member should always be aware of two simple facts: 1) Eastern File copies are a fraud, 2) 99% of so-called Eastern File Copies will come back PLOD, as predicted for and shown by this copy, because that was a key part of the fraud.

Paying $40 for the copy you own, no problem. But if someone were to pay anything close to FMV at NM, they would be getting ripped off big time. It is irresponsible to encourage others to believe that any Eastern File Copy can be anything other than PLOD and a fraud.

Prepare for your cogent, logical and thoughtful post to be buttraped by batts crazy anti-logic . . .

Does anyone have a link to the old thread? I'm almost positive I said the bottom was trimmed but that I thought it was still a sweet book hm

I'll stick with that. Normally I'd avoid a trimmed book but that's about the nicest 42 I've seen. I'd take that book for 40 beans every day of the week and twice on Sunday!

Congrats :applause:

Link to your statement.

Damn I'm good! :acclaim:

lol

Looks like I'm better at spotting trimming than the "REAL good" cal. Sufunk who can spot bottom edge trimming! :devil:

Does anyone have a link to the old thread? I'm almost positive I said the bottom was trimmed but that I thought it was still a sweet book hm

I'll stick with that. Normally I'd avoid a trimmed book but that's about the nicest 42 I've seen. I'd take that book for 40 beans every day of the week and twice on Sunday!

Congrats :applause:

Link to your statement.

Damn I'm good! :acclaim:

lol

Looks like I'm better at spotting trimming than the "REAL good" cal. Sufunk who can spot bottom edge trimming! :devil:

I'm quite adept at spotting trim as well. hm