• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official ''DREDD'' thread. DREDD TRAILER PAGE 6!

147 posts in this topic

Definitely like the very grimy look of the reboot.

I hope it's a success, because I'm sure we all want a bigger budget sequel featuring the Dark Judges.  No brainer there.

I love the ''You Loot, We Shoot'' sign in the background. lol

533350_443240255693833_1208749543_n.jpg

So...is the 1970s NYC look intentional? Are they going to goose up Mega City with CG?

I sort of remember a qoute from either John Wagner or Alan Grant who basically said Dredd was alot like the Spirit -- a sort of static/re-active character who inhabited a world of crazies, and it was always better if the crazies propelled the stories, not Dredd/the Spirit.

So...is the 1970s NYC look intentional? Are they going to goose up Mega City with CG?

For close ups on the streets, yes this look is intentional.

There will be CG effects for parts of the city, but mostly the CG has been saved for the towers in the background.

I do not think I am going to reserve judgment. It looks like their budget for this movie would never

allow a comic like Dredd movie. It is like Judges in the year 2012 in a large city like New York CIty.

Sure, I will watch it and more then likely enjoy it but I will go in knowing it will not be like the comic

at all back ground wise. It was that part of the comic I enjoyed a lot.

I also seem to remember Dredd being taller... hmm

I do not think I am going to reserve judgment. It looks like their budget for this movie would never

allow a comic like Dredd movie. It is like Judges in the year 2012 in a large city like New York CIty.

Sure, I will watch it and more then likely enjoy it but I will go in knowing it will not be like the comic

at all back ground wise. It was that part of the comic I enjoyed a lot.

The guy playing DREDD

(Karl Urban) is over 6 feet.

How much taller do you want him? (shrug)

This Dredd is about 6 inches taller than the last Dredd. lol

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=62088

Hope i'm wrong but it doesn't look so good from that trailer. Getting a Punisher War Zone vibe. Still can't be worse than Stallone's version.

I kind of agree - but I'm willing to give this one a chance. I like how they've compartmentalized it into one block, inside a building. Looks like it will be filled with lots of Judge Dredd catch phrases!

I'm more familiar with the "classic" Dredd stories of the late 70s/early 80s.

Is this -script based on a story from the comics? A later story?

No it's not based on any particular story line from the comic.

Just watched the trailer.

Dredd sounds a bit Harry Callahan.  Popular choice this summer, if Bale uses that tone again as well.

Is it me or did they make a bigger helm this time around? The actors' chin and mouth looks caved in from certain angles. Also maybe I am blind but he has armor but no shoulder pads/armor?

Just watched again. Seems they went with body conforming body armor with pads. Doesn't seem original at all. But it will be a good movie anyways. They have visual slow motion tidbits.