• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scarcest and/or best cover by title and publisher

79 posts in this topic

The two scarcest Marvel Mystery Comics are #38 & #86 with only 10 copies of #38 certified & only 7 copies of #86.

Most issues of MMC have between 20 to 40 copies graded, which in itself is really low compared to Batman & Superman.

You may also find it surprising that #69 is also pretty tough with the Highest Graded Copy being only an 8.0.

hm

I have this at CGC now for an upcoming auction

Should be one of the 2 better copies.

MarvelComics38.jpg

As far as the classic Baker GGA covers are concerned, I've hardly ever seen this book come up for sale. There's just another 6.5 copy on the census. I would love see to a raw HG copy of this book.

authenticpolicecases6cg.jpg

authenticpolicecases6cge.jpg

Church copy (sorry for the lousy scan)

Thats what im talking about. :-)

As far as the classic Baker GGA covers are concerned, I've hardly ever seen this book come up for sale. There's just another 6.5 copy on the census. I would love see to a raw HG copy of this book.

authenticpolicecases6cg.jpg

authenticpolicecases6cge.jpg

I love that cover... Took me a while to find a nice copy as well... Finally located that 6.5 at Bedrock...

db1f483f.jpg

I've always been a fan of this hard boiled cover. I've only seen this come up for sale a handful of times. Once on ebay and a few times on HA. Would love a copy of this one day... image from Heritage.

Shockill3HA.jpg

The two scarcest Marvel Mystery Comics are #38 & #86 with only 10 copies of #38 certified & only 7 copies of #86.

Most issues of MMC have between 20 to 40 copies graded, which in itself is really low compared to Batman & Superman.

You may also find it surprising that #69 is also pretty tough with the Highest Graded Copy being only an 8.0.

Census shows 15 Universal copies of #38 now. #41 only has 11 graded copies and only 7 are Universal with the best copy at 9.0.

I'm pretty sure that makes MMC #41 the scarcest Schomburg MMC to find.

This one is tough. Overlooked since it is not a war cover, i think. Only three copies on the census with two universal and one restored. This is the highest graded unrestored copy.

I've only seen two other extremely low grade copies for sale before and one that popped up for sale here on the boards by Moondog about four years ago, which I believe is the 7.5 restored copy that is on the census.

BlackTerror2fvf.jpg