• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Holy Moly!

118 posts in this topic

man, the S*#T has really hit the fan as far as JIM's are concerned. great prices and beautiful books. congrats on all of your purchases. 893applaud-thumb.gif

no sense trying to sell mine now as surely every hoarder will hit the boards within the next week or so mad.gif

Now that you mention it, a 102 CGC 9.4 may be coming up on the market soon.

If I see you at Mega-Con again next year, will you promise to bring a couple of your babies for Show-N-Tell? (I promise not to drool on them....nah, can't keep that promise, but I'll bring my 'Hulk Smash' bib grin.gif)

Congrats on the super high grade purchases, Brent! Your JIM run keeps getting more spectacular all the time.

I have to confess, though, that I am very pleased to have purchased the Eides 102 in 9.2 at less than a tenth the cost of your terrific 9.6. tonofbricks.gif

If I see you at Mega-Con again next year, will you promise to bring a couple of your babies for Show-N-Tell? (I promise not to drool on them....nah, can't keep that promise, but I'll bring my 'Hulk Smash' bib grin.gif) .

Sure, I'll bring a few down. My run is nice, but I saw Captain Tripps' JIM run a few weeks ago and for a moment, I thought I had found Nirvana. cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

This is such a fun hobby, regardless of the ridiculous prices certain people pay for books that they "need". 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

This is such a fun hobby, regardless of the ridiculous prices certain people pay for books that they "need".

I agree, and as long as collecting remains 'fun' then who cares about the prices?

Much as I love J.I.M.s, and much as I love #102 in particular (which I have a beautiful 9.4 copy of), I was amazed when I saw the closing price on this 9.6. 893whatthe.gif

I was ready to place a maximum bid (just under 1/2 the close price), until I discovered the book had a slight dust shadow on the back cover. Being the fussy, and pedantic buyer I am I had to pass. However I would obviously have been blown away in the bidding anyway !

Congrats to Brent though, as structurally this is probably one of the nicest copies on the planet !

I guess Loki and Bonitachica turned out to be legit bidders after all. Eides gave good feedback to Loki (first feedback!) and Bonitachica just got his/her first feedback from Jason Ewert. I'd love to know who they are!

Eides gave good feedback to Loki (first feedback!) and Bonitachica just got his/her first feedback from Jason Ewert. I'd love to know who they are!

New buyers, or alternate ID's for established collectors? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Eides gave good feedback to Loki (first feedback!) and Bonitachica just got his/her first feedback from Jason Ewert. I'd love to know who they are!

New buyers, or alternate ID's for established collectors? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That's why I'd love to know who they are! I'm sure they're known collectors...

That's why I'd love to know who they are! I'm sure they're known collectors...

oh, the Mystery of it all 893scratchchin-thumb.gif