• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why are these bronze comics not increasing in value?

13 posts in this topic

The two comics in question are:

Web of Spider-man #1

and

Star Wars #1

Ugly cover? Over produced? Why no significant increase in value for these two?

I'm tempted to buy these as they are so cheap right now... well they have been cheap for awhile...

I actually already have a few star wars #1's in my collection... should I stop buying them?

The two comics in question are:

Web of Spider-man #1

and

Star Wars #1

Ugly cover? Over produced? Why no significant increase in value for these two?

I'm tempted to buy these as they are so cheap right now... well they have been cheap for awhile...

I actually already have a few star wars #1's in my collection... should I stop buying them?

I've got 15 copies, mostly VF - VF+. They're all for sale. Want any? grin.gif

Web #1 has never really garnered any respect and I believe it has a fairly high print run. Since Spider-man is one of the most popular Comic characters on the planet, most 1st issues of his books are saved and stored for future profits. So my assumption is that a low to moderate demand coupled with a huge supply of high grade books is going to keep this one dormant for a while.

As for Star Wars #1....it lay dormant for years until Episode #1 & 2 came out and then prices seemed to double overnight. Now that the movies aren't making headlines, the demand has declined considerably. Again I think their are a lot of High Grade copies floating around out there, but I feel pretty good about this book in the long run. I wouldn't expect to retire on your profits from selling copies, but since you can pick up copies at reasonable prices right now.....if you continue to hold them you should continue to see some appreciation to your investment, even if the movement is over a 5 to 10 year period. Keep in mind that the focus for most collectors/Speculators are the 35 cent price variant as opposed to the normal 30 cent variety. thumbsup2.gif

IMO

Be a contrarian. Buy high grade issues of these comic at their low prices when no one is buying these key issues. Web is a painted cover. Star Wars 1 black cover. Too cool. They will come around. Look at spidey 129. Sat on dealers walls forever. Stupid punisher on the cover. People laughed. I couldn't give my Nm copies away for 50 bucks.

Remember fan boys have a mob mentaility and are driven by fear and greed. Buy when they are fearful of buying and of course sell at their highest point of greed.

Of course I am not talking about collectors who are driven by love and are unpredictable.

gossip.gif Too F-ing many

That just about sums it up. There are too many and everyone knows there are too many. Some books, people don't really grasp how many copies are out there, while others, like these two, are so obviously available in quantity it basically kills any chance they have of really increasing.

IMO

Be a contrarian. Buy high grade issues of these comic at their low prices when no one is buying these key issues. Web is a painted cover. Star Wars 1 black cover. Too cool. They will come around. Look at spidey 129. Sat on dealers walls forever. Stupid punisher on the cover. People laughed. I couldn't give my Nm copies away for 50 bucks.

Remember fan boys have a mob mentaility and are driven by fear and greed. Buy when they are fearful of buying and of course sell at their highest point of greed.

Of course I am not talking about collectors who are driven by love and are unpredictable.

Buy cases of Web #1, keep 1, and destroy the rest. Repeat until you've gotten to them all -- help drive up the value of the few remaining copies! insane.gif

898 copies CGCd!

insane.gifinsane.gif

jduran1- man, I almost felt like I was reading a pre-Batman Bruce Wayne with this post of yours

"A key issue! It's an omen! I shall become... a SPECULATOR!!!"