• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tdcomixncardz and CGG

146 posts in this topic

Looks like the seller from Oregon could very well STILL be submitting books to CGG. Here's one graded from this month! Could it be that Dan P. decided to let this guy submit more books?

Wonder if this new batch of books has any restoration to them??

Brian

I gave up, I kept pointing out that he's putting out new auctions with newly graded books, but I don't think RS and CGG really care./........

Besides, I think he's the restoration detectors brother or something. confused-smiley-013.gif

He also uses multible names. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Geppi is a repeat customer. He bought that same CGG graded book a couple of months ago. I believe this is graded higher, that's why he want's a double.

tdcomixncardz has been putting out an excellent assortment of high grade Donald Duck books over the last several months. Í purchased one of his books (1936 hard cover with dust jacket) and I was very happy with the purchase. I paid a premium to beat out mamanook but the book was worth every penny. When I called the seller, he told me that he purchased a high grade collection from a Whitman collector. I do not believe the seller uses any other ebay name.

As far as I know he only uses one e-bay name, but when you buy from him he uses different aliases.

Just please be careful, many books that were bought from him as CGG slabbed come back as CGC PLODs. gossip.gif

How can he be considered a bad seller, or as being fradulent, as I remember reading in some other thread, when 1st he has excellent feedback, and 2nd some of the biggest names in the comic industry continue to buy CGC, CGGROUP, and raw books from him over and over, Geppi being one of them. If he was trying to pass off restored books as unrestored, I don't believe these people would continue to buy from him. I am willing to consider that the truth may lay elsewhere, 893scratchchin-thumb.gif but I don't think that is a discussion to be had on these boards.(or not, maybe he's just trying to make a quick buck and has found a way to do it, although it doesn't look that way to me).

2 (maybe 3) members of this forum have purchased books from him, resubmitted them and had them come back as restored. One apparently had blatant amatuer color touch to the front cover. I don't think everyone (Geppi included) frequents these boards, so unless those ppl resubmit the books and check for themselves, then they're not going to know about the experiences of those on the forums.

Brian

I read somewhere that CGGroup had stated that there was no color touch on that book, and not only that but one of their pieces of paper that they include was still in the book, with the book sealed in the CGC holder.

I think the seller had refunded the money to the buyer, and then CGG had retrieved the book from that person. Now whether that is true or not, I can't say but I can see no reason for them to make that up.

I am not intentionally trying to be known as a CGG advocate, makepoint.gif and I realize that CGC is the recognized authority, as they should be, but I also recognize that the amount of books CGC does per day would seemingly not allow them to spend more than 20-30 seconds per book, where I would guess CGG could spend as much time with a book as they wanted. I would like to know how many books CGC grades every day, my guess would be around 600-800. Does anyone know, or have an educated guess?

I hope CGGroup gets past any real or perceived problems, 893crossfingers-thumb.gif as I feel they offer a genuine alternative.

893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gifgrin.gif

There's been multiple cases of color touch on books that were CGG universal and resubmitted to CGC. I know that members of a forum dinner saw a CGG book that had blatant amatuer color touch on the cover of a book that was removed from a CGG universal slab. Maybe they will become an alternative one day. But they need to stop being shady, stop dealings with ComixnCardz, and hire a reputable restoration EXPERT.

Brian

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope CGGroup gets past any real or perceived problems, as I feel they offer a genuine alternative.

Hmmm... I see your point, BOC. A most compelling argument.

confused.gifsumo.gifsorry.gif

There's been multiple cases of color touch on books that were CGG universal and resubmitted to CGC. I know that members of a forum dinner saw a CGG book that had blatant amatuer color touch on the cover of a book that was removed from a CGG universal slab. Maybe they will become an alternative one day. But they need to stop being shady, stop dealings with ComixnCardz, and hire a reputable restoration EXPERT.

Brian

The book at the Forum Dinner was not REMOVED from the slab. It was still IN the CGG slab. You could see the ballpoint pen color touch through the slab itself. 893whatthe.gif893naughty-thumb.gif