• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pressing Question

11 posts in this topic

I think this is the closest forum topic area to ask this question. I have some silver age books that I believe may benefit from pressing, and was wondering if I might locate someone that does such work locally. Is it kosher to ask for a referral for a "presser," local to Portland? I'd prefer to not have to deal with packaging, if possible.

After pressing, I'd like to submit them for grading.

Unless someone is truly local to you, seems like you'll be packing up books to send regardless. That said, if you're mailing anyway, I've nothing but great results using joeypost.

I think this is the closest forum topic area to ask this question. I have some silver age books that I believe may benefit from pressing, and was wondering if I might locate someone that does such work locally. Is it kosher to ask for a referral for a "presser," local to Portland? I'd prefer to not have to deal with packaging, if possible.

After pressing, I'd like to submit them for grading.

Realistically, you aren't going to get around packing books unless you deliver them in person or have them picked up at a show. That being said, I send my stuff to Joey at www.cfpcomics.com. Once he gets them, he presses them and then personally delivers them to CGC.

So, your books are really only in the mail twice; once to Joey and then back to you from Joey or CGC. As a matter of fact, I'm going through a bunch of boxes now in order to put together a pre-screen and just PMed as to whether he could pick the books up at Heroes or if I need to mail them to Florida.

Joey has a professional attitude, works in a timely manner, and provides an affordable level of service without sacrificing workmanship or attention to detail. Plus, I can get in touch with him to discuss something if necessary.