• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I press comics and I like it

50 posts in this topic

Hood, you're going to get a lot of flack for that spine crush. You don't need all of that pressure when the book is hot as it is under the press. Save yourself the time and spend the 10$/book with the pros. Heck, even use their 20% off submissions.

Hood, you're going to get a lot of flack for that spine crush. You don't need all of that pressure when the book is hot as it is under the press. Save yourself the time and spend the 10$/book with the pros. Heck, even use their 20% off submissions.

I think Hood is receiving flack because he might be a former board member who ran away with another board member's wife a few years ago.

If it is him, he knows about pressing well because he's been pressing his own books for years.

I think Hood is receiving flack because he might be a former board member who ran away with another board member's wife a few years ago.

If it is him, he knows about pressing well because he's been pressing his own books for years.

This thread sucks either way. :facepalm:

Do you have a "Dad"?

Yes I do, but he was stampeded in a freak accident, but alas, that's the circle of life.

What about a "Dee Dee"?

I think you're on to something . . . :grin:

Jokes are not actually funny if you have to explain them. Care to let the rest of us in on this one? Dee Dee and Dad? A quick check on internet slang indicates a dozen possible meanings for "Dad" and none for "Dee Dee". But entirely different definitions for "Dee" and "Dee Dee Dee" So the meaning?

Suck far less - might not suck at all - without the negative comments. The funny ones have been amusing.

Not always a bad thing to have your wife run off with someone else either ;)

Do you have a "Dad"?

Yes I do, but he was stampeded in a freak accident, but alas, that's the circle of life.

What about a "Dee Dee"?

I think you're on to something . . . :grin:

Jokes are not actually funny if you have to explain them. Care to let the rest of us in on this one? Dee Dee and Dad? A quick check on internet slang indicates a dozen possible meanings for "Dad" and none for "Dee Dee". But entirely different definitions for "Dee" and "Dee Dee Dee" So the meaning?

Out of respect for the board member who had his wife stolen, we don't discuss this. (thumbs u

Suck far less - might not suck at all - without the negative comments. The funny ones have been amusing.

As Mike mentioned, out of respect we don't discuss what happened here between a few board members.

However, comments like the ones you have made will not endear you to many here. This thread is nothing more than a failed attempt by a very weak individual.

As Mike mentioned, out of respect we don't discuss what happened here between a few board members.

However, comments like the ones you have made will not endear you to many here. This thread is nothing more than a failed attempt by a very weak individual.

I don't know the individual that posted up the original thread nor most of the others that have posted up - at all. So I have taken all comments at face value. Including your comments, Joeypost.

You I only know of. If you have some personal axe to grind with RobinHood then put it out there so that those of us that read the out-of-character, negative comments (like you "do you enjoy trimming too" )understand what is really going on. Otherwise the overly harsh comments about the displayed pressing and the totally bizarre comments that almost no one else understands (Dad, Dee Dee) seem out of character. I've seen you offer advice and constructive criticism to fellow boardies about pressing and restoration issues any number of times.

And if it's not something "we should discuss" then you shouldn't have brought it up. There isn't anything odd about my asking "what does that mean?" Again, I took your comments at face value and tried to find out what "Dad" and "Dee Dee" might mean in internet slang.

As for my last comment about "it not always being a bad thing..". It was meant as humor, something this thread largely lacks. But like most humor, a bit of truth as well. If one's wife, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend "runs off" with someone else than they (the loser) were not in the relationship they needed to be in. Nor were they in the relationship they thought they were in. It's natural to hate the person seen as having messed up the good thing. I'm cool with that and would buy the man - whoever is - a beer and cuss the both of "them". But the real problem is the person that ran off, not the one they ran too. Chances are it will happen again as well - so the hands of fate will likely balance the scales in time.

An old Chinese saying goes "Living well is the best revenge". If the person you allude to is still hurting I'll pray for them to heal and "live well".