• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions please on FMV for price variants

12 posts in this topic

I am looking at Iron fist # 15 35 cent variant raw about a 7.0 and a Kid Colt #206 CGC 8.5.

I am trying to determine FMV. These books so rarly come to market, I am having trouble establishing any sort of track record.

I have been offered the books at a package price $1140. Good? No? Counter?

Please share your thoughts

Thank You

Seems about right to me. I don't think you'll find a 7.0 or better IF 15 for less than $1K, and maybe quite a bit more considering recent sales in other grades show the price has about doubled since the last 7.0 sold for $1100. The Kid Colt is probably a $200 book. If you want them for your collection, I'd say it's a very fair price. If you are looking to flip them, it's still probably a nice price ;)

To me, the kid colt is probably a $400 book. It's the 3rd highest graded of nine copies. The last kc 206 that lees comics sold on eBay went for somewhere around 265 and that was a vg. With the westerns, I think there's a huge markup to own one and then it falls off. Reference the ringo kid 28 that sold for 550 in CGC 9.4. That said I do think this book is worth more around 400. The iron fist at over 1k seems like a lot to me. Nowhere near the cache of iron fist 14. I'd think 600 for the iron fist...one of the more common, albeit desirable, 35 cent variants.

The more I look at it...I'm not sure the iron fist is even worth what I said. It could go for that. The ones I have seen go on ebay sold for around 300 (not saying they were 7.0's but still a tough book) but the 35ers are experiencing some competition to push prices up. Problem is you just can't be sure that would happen on this issue.