• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DragonCon

12 posts in this topic

Since i am moving to middle GA in a couple weeks i figured this would be a prime year to finally make a DragonCon and see what the fuss is all about.

To anyone that has went, what should i expect? I am not a huge anime person but do enjoy gaming and comics. Will i be happy with the comic aspect of it or should i look for another con in the area to attend?

Dragon-con is amazing!, As far as comic dealers go....you might be lucky to see two dealers. The guest list each year is pretty good. It has the best cosplay of any convention in America.

The dealers rooms are always awesome. Last year they had a little over 40,000 people attend, which is alot for a convention in Atlanta.

What part of Georgia are you moving to?

Would AMA (Anime Weekend Atlanta) be a better choice for comics?

I just havent been able to locate a decent ComicCon within any reasonable driving distance for the rest of the year.

If you know one, feel free to shout it out.

What to expect? Four hotels and absolute craziness. To me, it seemed more like a big catch-all convention, and had lots and lots of different stuff - I know there was a whole section for comic dealers, but it was definitely entertainment/junk related.

Would AMA (Anime Weekend Atlanta) be a better choice for comics?

I just havent been able to locate a decent ComicCon within any reasonable driving distance for the rest of the year.

If you know one, feel free to shout it out.

At no point should you go toe AWA.....no comics, just anime and stuff.

As far as shows go.. http://www.atlantacomicconvention.com/. Good one day show, usually around 500 people for attendance. Also a new show just started up, i have never been to this one before

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Atlanta-South-Comic-Con/163109927129516

That is pretty much it for comic conventions.

Usually, there are about 3-4 dealers in the bottom floor of the Hyatt scattered amongst the anime, t-shirts, swords, and bootleg DVD dealers. It's mostly longboxes of picked over, bent-up common books, with the prerequisite overpriced wall books.

In the main dealer rooms in the Marriott, you'll find a few more dealers, mostly of TPBs. If half-price or cheaper trades are your thing, you'll find tons to pick up. Otherwise, I'm mostly picking up celebrity autographs (on books or posters) and commissions in artist alley.

Dragoncon is a lot of fun. Some comics dealers, awesome panels, 24/7 gaming and partys and fun. Bring an extra liver , everyones drinking. Its Nerdy gras!!!

Been going here for a few weeks now and just picking up stuff off the rack.

Havent committed to a pull box yet as i am still feeling the place out, but it seems decent. Great selection of TPB'S

Shop is split about 50/50 for comics and gaming

Here is a link to the only shop in Warner Robins. There are two or three shops in Macon but they just changed locations in the past few months so I don't know how good they are now

http://www.heroesandvillainscomics.net/index.html