• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

Ok, lets try to switch it up. Pick any 4

All are in VF condition at worst.

Morning Glories Vol 1

Kingdom Come

Batman: A Death in the Family

Daredevil: Return of the King

Penance Restless

X-Men Rarities

Venom vs Carnage

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg photo_1_2.jpg

photo_2_2.jpg

shipping to US

I would be interested in the Deadpool or transformers options but considering the bashing I just took over in the giving tree I will likely set this one out.

BTW very nice offers!

That's why that thread doesn't seem like fun. :(

DOWN WITH THE GIVING TREE!!!!

da7e807e855ef73724dcc86dc7264650.400x240x15.gif

I'm not saying that CA.

Though from the outside looking in, it seems intimidating.

The few peoples offers that have sat for more than a few hours have been tarred and feathered.

Hell, my attempt at an offer was tarred and feathered after about 10 minutes. lol. *shrug*

Tam,

You were the unfortunate victim during a frenzy on The Giving Tree board, you offer would likely do better on the PIF

From what I've seen so far an offer in the $30 range is perfect here but the offers usually hover around $100 - $125 over at the Tree. It's great that different collectors have a venue to PIF their stuff.

There have been plenty of offers here in the 100-200 range....just not recently.

Would it be safe to say most of those types of offers were provided by members currently over at the Tree thread? I went back about 70 pages or so in the PIF and there seemed to be offers in the $30 range.

And I am in no way bashing the PIF thread. If the Tree thread seems to be concentrating on big ticket offers then the PIF thread can succeed very well filling the niche for lower ticket items.

There have been plenty of offers here in the 100-200 range....just not recently.

Would it be safe to say most of those types of offers were provided by members currently over at the Tree thread? I went back about 70 pages or so in the PIF and there seemed to be offers in the $30 range.

Yes, that would be very safe to say but I would say most of the active players here went to the giving tree. The good part though is that the GT also gained a lot of first time participants. :)

Yes, that would be very safe to say but I would say most of the active players here went to the giving tree. The good part though is that the GT also gained a lot of first time participants. :)

Why do you think people moved over? It sound like there was a core group which didn't like the PIF rules and they founded and run the GT thread. Did people leave the PIF thread because of these issues or is there only so many people wanting to give books and most of them moved over to the new popular thread. With the 1 month limit over there you would think both threads could prosper but there seems to be very little activity over here.

The American Vampire trades that I claimed from Tamwood were $75 worth of awesomeness. This thread has its share of awesome stuff. People only moved to the TGT thread because they were frustrated with a few bad apples in this one.

I hope both continue to be successful.

The American Vampire trades that I claimed from Tamwood were $75 worth of awesomeness. This thread has its share of awesome stuff. People only moved to the TGT thread because they were frustrated with a few bad apples in this one.

Wow - that's a ton of trades since they go for $8 - $10 a piece on E-Bay!

The new thread was created solely to have a way to eliminate people that are gaming the system. Naturally those same people went to the GT and it will take a while for people to see who they are and receive strikes.

The rules in PIF are different though, and one of them is no talking about value of the items. (tsk)

Why do you think people moved over? It sound like there was a core group which didn't like the PIF rules and they founded and run the GT thread. Did people leave the PIF thread because of these issues or is there only so many people wanting to give books and most of them moved over to the new popular thread. With the 1 month limit over there you would think both threads could prosper but there seems to be very little activity over here.

Both threads have exactly the same problem unfortunately. The nark that started here has just migrated to the Giving Tree for the time being.

It's a shame because the concept of both is good. There is a very vocal group of boardies though who like to harangue offers they see as under par. Even with all the veto stuff and time limit rules that Harvey put in, people we incapable of simply letting the Giving Tree thread run according to its own rules. Already a few people have got upset and retracted offers or left, and my personal view is that in at least one or two cases they've been treated very unfairly.

The new thread was created solely to have a way to eliminate people that are gaming the system. Naturally those same people went to the GT and it will take a while for people to see who they are and receive strikes.

The rules in PIF are different though, and one of them is no talking about value of the items. (tsk)

My bad.

Classy.

Way to take a dump on what I appreciated to be a great offer.

1cool i could be completely wrong but it seems like you cost analyze the offerings. I dont think that is the purpose of thread....

Classy.

Way to take a dump on what I appreciated to be a great offer.

I'm sorry I said anything. I truly have no idea how many he sent you and should have kept my mouth shut when you said that.

1cool i could be completely wrong but it seems like you cost analyze the offerings. I dont think that is the purpose of thread....

Yep - its how I compare one thing vs the other. Is a trade good? Depends if the two items are similar value in the after market. Not the part of myself I'm always proud of.