• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey Supapimp, you owe Anfield Fox a New Mutants 98

768 posts in this topic

So glad the guy who started this thread doesn't post anymore.

I kinda feel bad for him. What he did wasn't a huge wrong. It was wrong but it wasn't like being an ax murderer. And he might have had a change of heart about the situation. People mature over time. Kind of feel it's unfair to still keep judging him on it. Outside of this one deal I thought he was reasonably cool, wasn't he?

I kinda feel bad for him. What he did wasn't a huge wrong. It was wrong but it wasn't like being an ax murderer. And he might have had a change of heart about the situation. People mature over time. Kind of feel it's unfair to still keep judging him on it. Outside of this one deal I thought he was reasonably cool, wasn't he?

Yeah I thought Supa was an awesome guy, and for the life of me I don't know why he blew his whole reputation on this small occurrence. I sure wish he would come back and be a regular contributor around here again.

javascript:%20void(0);

Yeah I thought Supa was an awesome guy, and for the life of me I don't know why he blew his whole reputation on this small occurrence. I sure wish he would come back and be a regular contributor around here again.

There was a time when I didn't have $5 to rub together. When money is tight people do stuff they wouldn't normally do. That doesn't mean you do something dishonest but maybe you just don't handle yourself the best.

I'm not saying that was the case with Supa but I get it. Sometimes we all make bad decisions.

I'm not saying that was the case with Supa but I get it. Sometimes we all make bad decisions.

But anyone who has been a member here for any length of time knows that when you make a bad decision around here, and don't account for it, your going to get dragged through the streets.

But anyone who has been a member here for any length of time knows that when you make a bad decision around here, and don't account for it, your going to get dragged through the streets.

Exactly, and Supa tied his own leg to the bumper of the car.

I was talking about myself not Supa. lol

I think it's a shame that this drove him from the boards. Wasn't my intention, and it was a simple enough fix.

I said it in this thread, and I stand by it: based on what I knew about him at the time I started this thread, I was like 90% certain he'd make it right or at least apologize. He's been here even longer than me, and I didn't think this was a big enough deal to drive him out. It was a relatively small mistake compounded by his defensiveness at being called on it.

I said it in this thread, and I stand by it: based on what I knew about him at the time I started this thread, I was like 90% certain he'd make it right or at least apologize. He's been here even longer than me, and I didn't think this was a big enough deal to drive him out. It was a relatively small mistake compounded by his defensiveness at being called on it.

Right! I thought it was an oversight, he'd take care of it. Afterwards we all would have a laugh about it.

Go figure. (shrug)

I agree. He seemed like a pretty good dude. I was kind of surprised when this went down that he didn't just take care of it.

I do not plan on ever changing my name. Met a boardie at the Carbo show and he was surprised because I did not look like what people imagine me to look like with "Buzzetta" as my name.

I am okay with that.

I didn't expect you to look like a dork.

IMG_1507.jpg

Who WOULDN'T expect the Phish t-shirt?

I do not plan on ever changing my name. Met a boardie at the Carbo show and he was surprised because I did not look like what people imagine me to look like with "Buzzetta" as my name.

I am okay with that.

I didn't expect you to look like a dork.

IMG_1507.jpg

Who WOULDN'T expect the Phish t-shirt?

I wanted to be identifiable ! It was either that or my Yanni world tour commemorative T shirt (kidding)

You and I think alike, Virgo. I was thinking the same thing at the time and was surprised he chose this route.

Sometimes people don't choose the logical choice regardless of how obvious is.

Sure but we all *spoon* up. If anyone says they don't, they're lying.

I pictured him as being young and making a bad decision. I don't think he'd do it again in hindsight. Isn't that what maturing is? We outgrow ourselves.

I wanted to be identifiable ! It was either that or my Yanni world tour commemorative T shirt (kidding)

Was that a poke at me? (tsk)

Was that a poke at me? (tsk)

No.

Really it was not. Originally I was trying to think of the furthest thing from Phish so I picked a Heavy Metal band, then I thought that a Metal band actually might be perceived as a dig on you, which was not the intent, so I went with John Tesh but realized that Yanni sounded "funnier" than Tesh.

I thought the same thing at the time. Either way I'd not hesitate to do business with him.

well I think it kinda caught him with his pants down being as he already sold it. To make things right he would then have to buy a 9.6 at current prices and pay overseas shipping. That amounts to quite a bit more expense than the original gift he was unwilling to give.

i guess it was worth more to him than his standing here. I can understand how you thought otherwise. I wouldn't have guessed he would end up being shady. He certainly could have tried to mend the fence in other ways like for starters an apology as you mentioned but this got away from him instead.