• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best of the Best Sketches: Spider-Man Edition

336 posts in this topic

Bitten by a radioactive spider, Peter Parker gained the proportionate strength and agility of an arachnid! Armed with his wondrous web-shooters, the reluctant super hero struggles with sinister super-villains, making ends meet, and maintaining some semblance of a normal life! Stan Lee Presents…

Spider-Man

Spiderman-spider-man-169221_300_468.jpg

So who has the Best Spider-Man CGC SS Sketch around? Let’s find out.

Rules: :rulez:

1) Sketch must contain Spider-Man

2) CGC SS Only

3) If you know of a sketch that you think is the best nominate it. One nomination per owner. Owner with multiple sketches nominated must pick only one sketch to be voted on.

4) When nominating please include artist name and owner's board name.

5) Round 1: all nominated Sketches will be voted on in a Poll. Then the Top 2 will face off. The winner will be declared the Best Spider-Man CGC Sketch!

6) One Month after being declared the winner, A sketch may challenge for the title. The new challenger(s) must be nominated by 3 board members.

7) What makes the best sketch is up to the voter: Best Art, Artists, Grade…

Get Your Nominations in. 1st Round Vote will be Next Tuesday June 26th (After Heroes Convention)

The Winner gets Bragging Rights and will decide the next category!

I'm betting we'll see quite a few Romita Sr. pieces during this round, but this one still stands out to me. Most people know that I'm no stranger to having an inker or a colorist add to a sketchcover or have a creator sign a sketch of their creation. However, this one is perfect left just the way it is and anything else added to it would only detract from the art. Romita's Spider-man is THE Spider-man in my mind and this piece shows the wall crawler in action. :cloud9:

MarvelsProject1-RomitaSpider-man.jpg

I'm betting we'll see quite a few Romita Sr. pieces during this round, but this one still stands out to me. Most people know that I'm no stranger to having an inker or a colorist add to a sketchcover or have a creator sign a sketch of their creation. However, this one is perfect left just the way it is and anything else added to it would only detract from the art. Romita's Spider-man is THE Spider-man in my mind and this piece shows the wall crawler in action. :cloud9:

Superb :cloud9:

SPIDEY.SAYLOR.jpg

Nominating my own Spider-Man vs Lizard by Chris Bachalo. Looking forward to seeing what covers get posted in this thread.

Tony...graded :gossip:

Can't hurt a guy for trying. What did Elliott do that Spidey in? Marker?

Tim Sale :cloud9:

2rcxzco.jpg

I say God damn! :headbang:

SPIDEY.SAYLOR.jpg

Nominating my own Spider-Man vs Lizard by Chris Bachalo. Looking forward to seeing what covers get posted in this thread.

Tony...graded :gossip:

Can't hurt a guy for trying. What did Elliott do that Spidey in? Marker?

Yup :) He did a killer job too

I say God damn! :headbang:

no mess - amazing piece, Adam!!!