• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: The Walking Dead #1

11 posts in this topic

I have no idea how to grade modern books. I've never bought a modern slab so I don't even have anything for reference. Any and all opinions would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you could tell me why you've deducted points, that would help me in the future. Thanks guys.

v82k1.jpg

YnMRm.jpg

The streak on the front, the largish spine nick in the middle and the bottom corner in the back are the main three faults. An 8.0 is pretty harsh, but I saw a WD 1 worse than this in Philly sitting in a 9.4 holder.

Personally I'd say 8.5-9.0

Jim

Thanks guys, yeah the "scuffing" is probably the worst thing about it. It's flat and tight and "feels" Near Mint, if that makes sense,

I'm not sure how CGC grades "scuffing" and that sort of thing. From what I've seen, though, they're not uber tough on it....

I have had books with worse flaws at 9.4. The color rub on the front is what would probably hurt this book the most. One stress mark on the spine, and a slightly impacted corner don't help, but from what I see, a 9.2 isn't out of the question.