• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top Ten Comic Book Titles to Launder Drug Money With

12 posts in this topic

This one is from 2009 but I just came across it and wanted to share. I apologize if this is old news to some of you.

Link:

Police in Denver seized comic books worth at least $500,000 while arresting two brothers suspected of running a multi-million-dollar methamphetamine distribution ring.

The Colorado Attorney General John Struthers says, “It was their intent to launder money, and their choice was collector comic books.”

Don Quick, the district attorney for Adams County revealed some of the collectible titles included “first-edition Superman and Batman.” Just like their drugs, the comic books were carefully stored in plastic bags. One of the comic books was estimated to be worth $3500.

Aaron (29) and Alfonzo Castro (30) were apparently going to start a high-end comic book shop to launder the approximately $500,000 they brought in a month from their drug sales. “It appeared as they were working on a startup company for high-end comic books,” Quick says. Here are photos of the Marvel-ous duo:

Launderers.jpg

These two could have their own comic book titles!

Cyclops and Mohawkma Ghandi!

Anyway, the article got me thinking and I decided to come up with a top ten list of appropriate comic book titles to launder drug money with! So, here they are – starting with number ten and working up to number one: (NOTE: There are three-and-a-half titles that are fictitious, but only slightly.)

10. Eightball

eightball-185x250.jpg

9. Sergeant Rock

sgt-rock-185x281.jpg

8. Speed

speed-185x253.jpg

7. Iceman

iceman-185x279.jpg

6. Blaze

blaze-185x283.jpg

5. Cocaine Comix

cocaine-comix-185x263.jpg

4. Hash Gordon

hash-gordon_rev-185x283.jpg

3. Scooby “Doobie” Doo

scooby_final-185x290.jpg

2. Methamphetaminnie Mouse

minniemouse_rev-185x209.jpg

1. Mary Jane

mary-jane-185x283.jpg

This one is from 2009 but I just came across it and wanted to share. I apologize if this is old news to some of you.

Link:

Police in Denver seized comic books worth at least $500,000 while arresting two brothers suspected of running a multi-million-dollar methamphetamine distribution ring.

The Colorado Attorney General John Struthers says, “It was their intent to launder money, and their choice was collector comic books.”

Don Quick, the district attorney for Adams County revealed some of the collectible titles included “first-edition Superman and Batman.” Just like their drugs, the comic books were carefully stored in plastic bags. One of the comic books was estimated to be worth $3500.

Aaron (29) and Alfonzo Castro (30) were apparently going to start a high-end comic book shop to launder the approximately $500,000 they brought in a month from their drug sales. “It appeared as they were working on a startup company for high-end comic books,” Quick says. Here are photos of the Marvel-ous duo:

Launderers.jpg

These two could have their own comic book titles!

Cyclops and Mohawkma Ghandi!

Anyway, the article got me thinking and I decided to come up with a top ten list of appropriate comic book titles to launder drug money with! So, here they are – starting with number ten and working up to number one: (NOTE: There are three-and-a-half titles that are fictitious, but only slightly.)

10. Eightball

eightball-185x250.jpg

9. Sergeant Rock

sgt-rock-185x281.jpg

8. Speed

speed-185x253.jpg

7. Iceman

iceman-185x279.jpg

6. Blaze

blaze-185x283.jpg

5. Cocaine Comix

cocaine-comix-185x263.jpg