• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Polybag Removal & Dynamic Forces COA Questions

27 posts in this topic

hm you don't think JQ just printed the wrong number,

Sure, that's possible. Just not as likely as the other two scenario's unless he took a break between book 1068, 1069 and 1070 IMHO. It seems unlikely he would have signed 1068, 1169, 1070, 1071 etc... and even more unlikely if he signed 1068, 1169, 1170, 1171 etc... If the latter were the case there would have been less than 7500 signed since 1069 through 1168 would have been skipped. And if he/they caught the mistake before book 1168 but did nothing to correct it, then (tsk) on them.

Unfortunately the book is 90's drek, so few people probably care. Including me- as I said, it's more curiosity if anyone else has seen something similar to this.

OT- when did DF start sealing their signed books?

Sure, that's possible. Just not as likely as the other two scenario's unless he took a break between book 1068, 1069 and 1070 IMHO. It seems unlikely he would have signed 1068, 1169, 1070, 1071 etc... and even more unlikely if he signed 1068, 1169, 1170, 1171 etc... If the latter were the case there would have been less than 7500 signed since 1069 through 1168 would have been skipped. And if he/they caught the mistake before book 1168 but did nothing to correct it, then (tsk) on them.

Unfortunately the book is 90's drek, so few people probably care. Including me- as I said, it's more curiosity if anyone else has seen something similar to this.

Your original post had the two numbers being very similar, like 1120 instead of 1020. In the CG thread the numbers are much different.

Your original post had the two numbers being very similar, like 1120 instead of 1020. In the CG thread the numbers are much different.

Yeah. I forgot to fix that one when I found my scan. I was running on memory, and that hasn't been working too well these days :eek:

In many cases the poly bag itself will add defects to the book. Through indents from the cards between the bag and comic, or from the seal seam on the bag itself.

Not to mention that anything that was ever sealed in a poly bag was worthless in the first place . . . lol

On the DF front, I have a bunch of DF variants with COA and sealed with their hologram sticker in bag and board. The problem for me is that the original bag and board are low quality and not even sized for the comic in some cases - they really aren't doing their job in protecting the comic so I want to switch them out and put in Mylars. I'm curious if that hurts the value in some way - not looking to get them slabbed, but I likely will be selling some of these down the road eventually (if they were just for my collection I honestly wouldn't care about the value).