• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poor sad lost comic...

24 posts in this topic

So here we go- One funky- looking comic:

feature_26_1-2.jpg

It's interesting to note that the paper stock on the cover of this version is a bit different than the cover stock on the other version I own. Also, it's pretty obvious that the interior was not constructed of remaindered interior stock from copies of the regular #26 as the order of the pages is wrong. I'm also not sure that there are only two variants of this book as OS suggests. I now know that there is at least one additional cover color variant (I've now seen versions of what I refer to as

"26A" with both blue and red covers), and I'm beginning to wonder if there might be more than two interior variants.

I'll probably never totally figure this out as copies seem pretty tough to find. I'm also really curious about why this book was ever produced. I can't imagine that a roughly produced, monochrome paper cover, half-sized comic could compete with the other books on the stands in 1939... confused.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif