• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Covers that deserve the "Classic" designation but dont get the love

27 posts in this topic

Not sure if we've covered this already, but seeing the lists of OSPG classic covers in this thread...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5747571#Post5747571

...makes me think that we all have books with what we'd consider to be "classic" by our own definition but dont have the laurel wreath conferred.

So - which covers would you consider deserve the absent appellation, and why? (Assuming it isnt obvious.)

I'm scratching my head like Mutt and Jeff about this cover. I think it belongs in the "Hello Pal" category.

This would also get my vote

AllAmerican91-1.jpg

One collector's classic cover could easily be another's "Hello Pal".

Incidentally, did Bob Overstreet unilaterally decide what might be a classic cover, or was he reflecting the views of a wider consensus?

I'm scratching my head like Mutt and Jeff about this cover. I think it belongs in the "Hello Pal" category.

AllAmerican91-1.jpg

Incidentally, did Bob Overstreet unilaterally decide what might be a classic cover, or was he reflecting the views of a wider consensus?

I think it's retroactively a classic cover... ironically... sort of. :fear:

AllAmerican91-1.jpg

For collectors of All American 91 that cover is the standard by which all others are measured. Definitely a classic.

AllAmerican91-1.jpg

Hee hee. "Classic wedding cover?" I love all the Harlequin covers. This one got the seal of approval (wish I had a nicer copy):

GreenLantern2930.jpg