• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I hate the Miami Heat

220 posts in this topic

As an OKC fan, I am proud of my team and the fact that they even got this far. I still see this as positive progress for the Thunder, and I hope we can win it all next year.

OKC is a very good young team. As long as their core stay together and healthy, they will hoist a trophy soon.

Stop your whining Dennis! :P

It was bound to happen..I wanted OKC to put up a bigger fight but alas, not gonna happen.

But dont you get it?i HATE the heat :cry:

Why do you HATE the heat? (shrug)

LeBron just wants it more than the Thunder (shrug) (shrug)

He has no class.Makes a hour show to tell people hes "taking his talent to south beach".Just go.Thank the Cavs and be done.

MJ didn't have class either.

(tsk)

As an OKC fan, I am proud of my team and the fact that they even got this far. I still see this as positive progress for the Thunder, and I hope we can win it all next year.

OKC is a very good young team. As long as their core stay together and healthy, they will hoist a trophy soon.

Not until they get some real big men. There's a reason why the Heat were able to drive to the hoop at will.

James is a major talent, but I truly dislike the guy and I hate the heat. The only way they win again is if Rose gets hurt again and the Pacers somehow backslide. If the Heat really want to win again, they need to get rid of one of the big three, (probably Wade) It would free up cap space to add 2 or 3 quality players. Hopefully they don't break them up and they get knocked out in the first round for the next few years.

I wouldn't call him overrated. Overexposed, yes.

Has to go with 2 other players,all making 100m.In my opinion hes a coattailer.

Karl Malone and Charles Barkley advised him to not be the only great player on his team like he was in Cleveland--almost every NBA champion team has multiple superstars on them. Teams winning it all with one or zero stars is an extremely rare thing. I've only seen it once since I started watching basketball in the 1980s--the Detroit Pistons of 2004. All other teams had multiple stars. You could go on and on listing great players who couldn't win it until they combined with other great stars--Jordan and Pippen, Olajuwon and Drexler, Robinson and Duncan and then Duncan and Parker, Kobe and Shaq and then Kobe and Gasol/Odom or Shaq and Wade. Could go on and on.

I wouldn't call him overrated. Overexposed, yes.

Has to go with 2 other players,all making 100m.In my opinion hes a coattailer.

+1

You didn't see Magic, Bird, or Jordan needing to gather a cabal of star players to win.

and FYI pippen is at the time one of the greatest 50 players ...i can see how people can say " i dont like him" but lets not talk crazy ..dude is the best player in the game now

You didn't see Magic, Bird, or Jordan needing to gather a cabal of star players to win.

Yes, because they lucked out. Cleveland never picked up a Kevin McHale, James Worthy, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, or Robert Parish. LeBron waited for 7 years, carrying that team year after year, but decided not to repeat the mistakes of Patrick Ewing, Charles Barkley, and Karl Malone by sticking with teams for too long that didn't have the firepower.

I dunno about overrated..

lebron-vs-jordan-at-age-27.jpg

That graphic is now 0-0-1 for Jordan at age 27 and 1-3-3 for LeBron at 27--this was his third Finals.

You also have to think about the supporting cast of the Bulls and the Heat during their age. The Heat has Wade and Bosh who helped Lebron win his title. Who did the Bulls have when Jordan was 27? Just Pippen?

Impressive! But Jordan is an iconic legend. I can't compare Lebron to Jordan at this time. Too early to say in my opinion.

Jordan is the best player ever, period. LeBron is the best today, but he's not as Bird put it "God disguised as Michael Jordan." Nobody is.

You also have to think about the supporting cast of the Bulls and the Heat during their age. The Heat has Wade and Bosh who helped Lebron win his title. Who did the Bulls have when Jordan was 27? Just Pippen?

I think a young Pippen--you're right, it was mostly his surrounding cast, plus the fact that players come out of high school a lot more now as James did, so James had a bunch of extra years in the NBA by the age of 27.

You can't forget when comparing the two that Michael Jordan had an NCAA championship, and had the famously-winning shot in that game.

Yes, because they lucked out. Cleveland never picked up a Kevin McHale, James Worthy, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, or Robert Parish. LeBron waited for 7 years, carrying that team year after year, but decided not to repeat the mistakes of Patrick Ewing, Charles Barkley, and Karl Malone by sticking with teams for too long that didn't have the firepower.

Those 3 players you mention had the unfortunate luck of playing during the Magic / Michael era. Those guys kept a lot of great players and teams from winning championships.