• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is the most famous person you've ever sold a comic book to?

123 posts in this topic

Geezer Butler of Black Sabbath at a small show in the St. Louis area back in the mid-late 90's.

This is by far my favorite post in this thread so far, It was the one with Danzig in it until I came to this one! (worship) What did he pick up if you remember?

I seem to remember it was a couple of inexpensive SA Marvel's.

He used to come by the show once or twice a year and keep a low profile. Nobody really bothered him or hounded him for autographs. Very laid back, didn't say a lot. Seemed like he just enjoyed looking around.

Whenever he came in, the whispering would start though. lol

Geezer was also at Wizard World Chicago in 1998, just another attendee wandering around buying old comic books. Being a HUGE life-long Sabbath fan I couldn't resist asking for a quick photo with him. His wife Gloria was very friendly and cheerfully took the photo.

geezer-tt-WWC1998.jpg

Awesome picture!

+1

BTW: Toronto collectors might recognize Peter Dixon (Paradise Comics) in the background.

is that a very young Marky Haspel in there also?

I thought the same too, but I'm really not sure.

Steve might be the only person able to confirm if it is him or not.