• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Simple Discussion on Walking Dead Original Art Prices

706 posts in this topic

The Walking Dead continues to maintain it's popularity if not increase. I think most who read the comics watch the TV show, but I don't think most who watch the TV show read the comic (many in fact don't even know that the comic book exists and existed first).

I'm impressed by the maintenance of the prices/value. I think with a comic that's going onto a decade and over 150 issues is more than a flash in the pan, and it's one of those series where the body of work is consistently good with the same creative team for the most part, and no new writers undoing histories written in the past, resurrecting the dead or altering character traits as you see in super hero comics.

It seems like the minimum for any page is about $300. The interesting values to follow are those which are inflated due to the villain, be it the Governor, Nagan or now Alpha... once defeated, maybe soon forgotten, and replaced by a new nemesis more evil, I wonder if the values/prices would reduce. Also, for popular characters who've passed such as Abraham for example, if Michonne, Carl, Andrea or Jesus were to get written off, what would that do to the values.

The Lake Arts Festival just had a charity auction that may have gone under the radar. The upcoming wraparound cover for The Walking Dead Omnibus 6 featuring the former and current Rick Grimes fetched 3500 GPB (around $5250 USD, or $5500 if it had gone to a US based internet bidder):

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=10481&aid=101175&lid=26837963&title=CHARLIE-ADLARD---WALKING-DEAD-OMNIBUS-VOL-6-WRAPAROUND-COVER

Here's a picture of the art being held up by the auctioneers:

Not bad, but not epic like the rest of the Omnibus covers. Four bidders were willing to pay at least 3200 GPB. I believe this would have fetched more in a publicly advertised US auction house.

I didn't even know..... looks cool.

Four bidders were willing to pay at least 3200 GPB. I believe this would have fetched more in a publicly advertised US auction house.

At least one of whom had consumed more of the wine than was perhaps wise when holding a bidding paddle.....

:facepalm:

Four bidders were willing to pay at least 3200 GPB. I believe this would have fetched more in a publicly advertised US auction house.

At least one of whom had consumed more of the wine than was perhaps wise when holding a bidding paddle.....

:facepalm:

For an under-the-radar auction, nice result for the WD cover!

I was hoping to bid on THE BOYS cover, but alas, it had gotten pulled.

I was bidding like crazy and was the loser in the auction. Tried to walk away with a bargain and now I'm bummed I didn't keep pushing. Pro tip: Follow Charlie's Twitter account for these type of updates!!!!

Since that auction, though, prices have been falling like crazy. A really nice Michonne page from WD #19, with her first appearance, only sold for $500:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/walking-dead-Issue-19-Pg-18-original-art-Feat-Michonne-/252194970576?hash=item3ab7fddbd0%3Ag%3AmSgAAOSwp5JWXh9W&nma=true&si=bo5bVfLKfx80HfL%252Fk0uA7TuqIMo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Oh wait...that was a BIN.

Never mind.

:P:cry:

Since that auction, though, prices have been falling like crazy. A really nice Michonne page from WD #19, with her first appearance, only sold for $500:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/walking-dead-Issue-19-Pg-18-original-art-Feat-Michonne-/252194970576?hash=item3ab7fddbd0%3Ag%3AmSgAAOSwp5JWXh9W&nma=true&si=bo5bVfLKfx80HfL%252Fk0uA7TuqIMo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Never mind.

Holy shizzle on a stick. Congrats to the buyer.

Never mind.

What is the Fair Market Estimate of this piece if it came to auction ?

Never mind.

Earlier pages in that issue have gone for approx $8K IIRC. I don't think it would go quite that high though, however it's a real plus that it also has the two chained zombies featured on the cover... visually there's no mistaking which issue it's from. If I had to guess I'd say $3.5-5K. It's one of those pages that has appeal as well as further potential in years to come, so it would certainly attract some agressive bidding.

Never mind.

What is the Fair Market Estimate of this piece if it came to auction ? [/quote

I hate when I leave a zero off my BIN price lol

Never mind.

... in a few days you will get your answer it seems

;)