• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's going to Florida Supercon this weekend?

41 posts in this topic

I'll also be at the show on Saturday...possibly on Sunday as well.

I'd be up for a Friday night dinner if anyone is into it. Let me know.

Jason, don't expect many CGC books at this show or pedigree comics.

The dealers who are going aren't much into CGC.

Greg White will be there and from what I understand he hates anything CGC,

Rich Muchin (tomorrow's treasures) will be there and he doesn't deal with CGC from my memory

Phil's comics will be there and he will have lots of raw back issues...maybe one or two CGC books tops.

I wish some dealers with CGC stock would set up but unless I am wrong...it will be a limited showing of slabs.

I'll be there Friday afternoon and Saturday. Dinner Saturday? I'll take you to The Dome - miami's first caviar bar (owned by my brither's girlfriend).

Sounds like a plan, I will let you know tomorrow (thumbs u

Rich Muchin (tomorrow's treasures) will be there and he doesn't deal with CGC from my memory

Phil's comics will be there and he will have lots of raw back issues...maybe one or two CGC books tops.

I wish some dealers with CGC stock would set up but unless I am wrong...it will be a limited showing of slabs.

Rich Muchin has started carrying some slabs recently. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I don't believe it! I'd be shocked.

I'd be shocked also. Most likely restored CGC books....

I'd be shocked also. Most likely restored CGC books....

.....they were blue....a sweet John Wayne 3 in CGC 9.0 was one of them. He told me he realizes that some people prefer them. He actually buys a lot of slabs. GOD BLESS....

I probably won't attend. I have gone 4 or 5 times, mainly because I'm a sucker... I want more than anything for this show to be successful, but so far it's just not for me, or anyone that is a serious vintage comic collector.

The people who run the show have been doing a great job getting guests and artists. So if there are artists or whomever, that you'd like to meet and have sign something, it's probably worth checking out. But if you're going expecting to find good stock, CGC or raw, I can guarantee you will be disappointed. The same goes for action figures.

The vendor list is very weak. I don't blame the show promoters. The crowd that mainly comes here is into anime and manga and the like. Like I said, I have gone 4 or 5 times, and all the major, national dealers, that have come, don't come back.

If you just look at the Vendor List you'll see only 5 vendors who even mention comics as what they're selling....

Also, when I saw that Past, Present, and Future comics wasn't attending, who are somewhat local, and have a pretty good stock, I found this to be pretty ominous. Plus, no Tate's? Probably the largest local store.

Lastly, to even compare this to MegaCon is pure crazy talk. MegaCon is a MAJOR convention. SuperCon might be one someday but it's not yet.

SuperCon is way better than the Wizard show that is held in the same hotel. They basically have the same vendors, but the Wizard show is basically empty.

Just my 2 cents, and I like I said, I'd like nothing more than a major "comics" show to be in South Florida but Supercon isn't it.

Doesn't crazy Ed carry CGC books?

I know I remember seeing people bad mouth him here but don't remember what the story was, anyone want to fill me in?

Back in the early mid 90's he would do mall shows here and always had INSANELY nice books. They were a tad expensive but VERY HG. I bought my iron fist 14 from him then that recently graded 9.8, my iron man 1 that recently graded 9.4 and my iron man 55 that's 9.6, maybe 9.8 off the top of my head. What's the story with him, why don't people like him?

Oh, not even a decent chance of some late BA Avengers Peds? I'm not looking for a #1 or 4 or something like that. Even if I could find like a #180 or something like that I'd be happy :wishluck:

Great guest list = Great show pure and simple!

Leaving in less then 24 hours for the show cant wait.

Mike Broder out does himself every year with securing some amazing talent that rarely make appearances at other Florida Shows including

Neal Adams, Carmine Infantino, OLIVER COIPEL, Rags Morales, Ariel Olivetti, Brad Walker.

Its going to be a SS collectors dream show.

Doesn't crazy Ed carry CGC books?

I know I remember seeing people bad mouth him here but don't remember what the story was, anyone want to fill me in?

Back in the early mid 90's he would do mall shows here and always had INSANELY nice books. They were a tad expensive but VERY HG. I bought my iron fist 14 from him then that recently graded 9.8, my iron man 1 that recently graded 9.4 and my iron man 55 that's 9.6, maybe 9.8 off the top of my head. What's the story with him, why don't people like him?

:gossip: ....he's CRAZY....GOD BLESS....

I have bought and sold to Crazy Ed. He can be a tad bit difficult sometimes. His "asking" price will typically not be in the ball park, but he's willing to deal, especially if you pay cash. He will probably have the best non-modern books at this show, CGC and raw.

I have bought and sold to Crazy Ed. He can be a tad bit difficult sometimes. His "asking" price will typically not be in the ball park, but he's willing to deal, especially if you pay cash. He will probably have the best non-modern books at this show, CGC and raw.

That's what I remember. When I bought that IF 14 off him, he wanted $129! That was a LOT of moolah back then! Guide was like maybe $80. I know for a fact I also bought a IF 1 and 15 and a few spideys and maybe some others. It was like $4-500 bucks and I paid cash which was a pretty good amount for a mall show in like 1992 and easily the most i had ever spent at a single time. Most people were spending like 10 bucks.

Even still, he would not budge a penny on the IF 14. Not a penny! In fairness, it was one of the nicest books I'd ever seen though. I went home, regretted not getting it and went back a few hours later. The show was closing in a few minutes but still wouldn't budge a penny! I paid his price but was happy with the book and definitely still am since it came back 9.8 so no complaints here.

I wonder if he remembers that cus after I paid, before I even picked up the bag of books to leave some old man that looked literally like 100 years old just collapsed like 5 feet from his booth. The guys wife started screaming bloody murder and I just left the books on his counter and ran over. I was a lifeguard back then and gave the guy CPR for like 10 minutes until the paramedics arrived but the guy never got a pulse while I was there so I assume he died after they took him away :sorry: it was a HUGE bummer and totally killed that huge purchase I was so psyched about. Definitely my most memorable comic buying experience times a thousand. I can still picture that guy and his wife perfectly like it was yesterday.

That's what I remember. When I bought that IF 14 off him, he wanted $129! That was a LOT of moolah back then! Guide was like maybe $80. I know for a fact I also bought a IF 1 and 15 and a few spideys and maybe some others. It was like $4-500 bucks and I paid cash which was a pretty good amount for a mall show in like 1992 and easily the most i had ever spent at a single time. Most people were spending like 10 bucks.

Even still, he would not budge a penny on the IF 14. Not a penny! In fairness, it was one of the nicest books I'd ever seen though. I went home, regretted not getting it and went back a few hours later. The show was closing in a few minutes but still wouldn't budge a penny! I paid his price but was happy with the book and definitely still am since it came back 9.8 so no complaints here.

I wonder if he remembers that cus after I paid, before I even picked up the bag of books to leave some old man that looked literally like 100 years old just collapsed like 5 feet from his booth. The guys wife started screaming bloody murder and I just left the books on his counter and ran over. I was a lifeguard back then and gave the guy CPR for like 10 minutes until the paramedics arrived but the guy never got a pulse while I was there so I assume he died after they took him away :sorry: it was a HUGE bummer and totally killed that huge purchase I was so psyched about. Definitely my most memorable comic buying experience times a thousand. I can still picture that guy and his wife perfectly like it was yesterday.

Wow what a crazy story. Hopefully that older guy that passed away loved comics, so he died doing what he loved.

I too have purchased/bartered some raw's from Ed and have them come back as 9.8/9.6... Actually, I think at the Maryland show several years ago, I got an X-Men #100 that returned as 9.8 many years later. I also have an IF #15 that I bought raw from him that I still haven't had graded.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't there for the comic show or at least for some reason I don't remember that's the impression I've always had in my head. I think he was just an old guy hanging out window shopping at the mall with his wife like a lot of seniors do down here (shrug)