• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's going to Florida Supercon this weekend?

41 posts in this topic

I didnt think i was going to be able to make it but was able to move some things around and get my partner to cover for me so it looks like i'm gonna be able to go down Friday by myself and then Saturday with my son.

This is the 1st major con i've ever been to so i'm definitely psyched! Anyone else going???

I'll be there. I got 4 day passes but it looks like Saturday will be the only day I can attend. Driving down from central FL early Sat morning.

Anyone thinking they might want to attend Sat through Mon, let me know before you buy tickets.

it's still above water,...

right???

hm

Just barely!!!

The last 3 weeks or so, we have been getting rain in Biblical proportions! Seriously, if it didnt stop raining a few days ago i was going to start building an Ark. It's been freaking crazy the last month and i have 5 dogs which is a HUGE PITA when its raining like this :frustrated:

Oh and dont let anyone tell you that myth about how "oh, it rains for a few minutes and then is beautiful" people like to say. wildly_fanciful_statement!!! It just rains, and rains, and rains and rains and then rains some more! I forgot what the damn sun looks like ???

This is the 1st major con i've ever been to so i'm definitely psyched! Anyone else going???

Calling Supercon a "major con" is like calling Rob Liefeld a comptetent artist. (tsk)

I dont know what comptetent means ???

:baiting:

Compared to mall shows i've been to, it's major (thumbs u

Should be fun, show is expecting to break 10k paid attendance. I will be set up in booths 609/611 with 1/2 cover price trades & hardcovers, Glen Cohen Books. Stop by and say hi. Just hoping the rain stops for load in/load out.

Compared to mall shows i've been to, it's major (thumbs u

Not that long ago, it was a mall show where dealers set up in front of gift shops and along a deserted hotel promenade. I've heard its gotten better, but all in all, its not worth the drive by most people who have to travel any significant distance to get there.

Actually, I'll probably prefer it over a "major" show. I HATE big huge crowds and lines like at the major shows from what I hear. I definitely ain't standing around in a line a few hundred people deep to get in somewhere or have someone sign something. As long as there's some decent stuff to buy and I don't have to fight every geek on the planet to get somewhere or buy something, I'll be happy (thumbs u

I love party poopers.

Anyways I know it will be good. Plus it's the only show that I would attend if I had to pick from any show in Florida since its the only one on a bigger scale. Wizard con was supposed to come down but they back out like always.

I love party poopers.

Anyways I know it will be good. Plus it's the only show that I would attend if I had to pick from any show in Florida since its the only one on a bigger scale. Wizard con was supposed to come down but they back out like always.

wizcon miami official site

It appears to be a fully functioning site that mentions no cancellation. I think you can buy tickets. Capullo and Starlin are on the list so I'll be making the trip.

Megacon this past year was bigger then I expected (been about 6 times over the past 10 years.) They had Finch, Capullo, Perez, and Stan so that isn't a small show by any means.

I just wish FCS and Megacon would get more exclusive variants, prints, etc. That is the next step I guess.

Every time I go to that site without a direct link to miami's URL, it has no mention of Miami at all. It used to be posted now its gone and replaced with New Orleans. I also saw Atlanta up there but it's gone as well. I even emailed and called them but got nothing.

I was actually planning on new Orleans because of that. Wtf.....now I gotta call them until I get a confirmation fm them personally. Then Change my plans. Good thing I didn't pay for tickets yet or hotel in Orleans.

So they are having 2 cons back to back then? New Orleans first weekend then Miami 2nd weekend of dec?

I will have to check megaCon out next year. Thanks for the link to Miami wiz.

Hey, i hate Miami as much as anyone on the planet but im still psyched to check it out. If i can find even ONE Avengers Pedigree book that i dont have down there this weekend, i'll be way happy! :cloud9: