• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For the Hulk experts - what's Joss Whedon reading?

20 posts in this topic

I recently read a nice piece in GQ on Joss Whedon and was struck by a cool photo in which Joss is sitting at home, (carefully) reading what appears to be a Bronze Age Hulk. I can't tell if it's a 15-cent or 30-cent cover, but the rest of the cover certainly looks like it would date from the 15-cent era.

I scanned the mag photo to see if it makes the cover any clearer, and it doesn't, really... that said, I'm sure those of you who are familiar with the run might be able to ID the ish in question within minutes or at most hours.

Any ideas?

whedon_hulk.jpg

And for those who might have missed it, here's the link to the article itself - worth checking out!

GQ - The Geek Shall Inherit the Earth

Incredible Hulk #210

hulk210hi.jpg

lol Four minutes for an answer! I love these boards. Thanks for the insight.

The question is, does this suggest Maha Yogi and Doctor Druid will be making appearances in the Avengers sequel...? hm

Thanks for that article. That was a fun read. I think loads of Whedon.

Between Firefly and now, The Avengers, he's shaping up to be one of my favorite creators.

I especially liked this paragraph, with quotes from the screenwriter of The Hulk and of the original Avengers -script.

"There was a -script," Whedon acknowledges. "There just wasn't a -script I was going to film a word of." (Reached for comment, Penn says he was a little disappointed by Whedon's decision to take over. "We could have collaborated more, but that was not his choice. He wanted to do it his way, and I respect that. I mean, it's not like on the Hulk, where I got replaced by the lead actor," he says, referring to Edward Norton's infamous decision to install himself as lead screenwriter on that film. "That was an unusual one. This was more normal.")

Four minutes for an answer! I love these boards.

You had an answer in three minutes. A correct answer in four.

:grin:

To be fair, Sean had the grey stone background correct:

Incredible_Hulk_Vol_1_165.jpg

Yeah, in my mind Aquon was on the other side and I thought that swoosh was his arm. Just another sign I am getting senile.

Four minutes for an answer! I love these boards.

You had an answer in three minutes. A correct answer in four.

:grin:

To be fair, Sean had the grey stone background correct:

Incredible_Hulk_Vol_1_165.jpg

Yeah, in my mind Aquon was on the other side and I thought that swoosh was his arm. Just another sign I am getting senile.

:gossip: The corner box art is your friend.

Anybody read his run on Astonishing X-Men? Any good?

I've always been a huge Whedon fanboy, from BuffyAngel, to Firefly/Dollhouse, but never knew how big of a comic fan he was. It seems like my two obsessions are colliding.