• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why Batman MUST Die

35 posts in this topic

I never understood why they never made a Batman film that develops the Bane character and has him break Wayne's back at the end of the first film. Then, there could be a black screen that says "to be continued" or "Not the end". There would be so much hype for the sequel!

Anyway, I don't see how they could have Bane kill Bruce Wayne in this film. It would off too many fans that follow the books, not to mention confusing casual viewers for future films, since Bruce-Wayne-is-Batman is common knowledge.

Furthermore, it doesn't make sense to include Bane in the final film without him making a huge impact on Batman. So, here's my theory.

This is the final film in the trilogy. The title is "The Dark Knight Rises." Not "A" dark knight; "The." There is significance here. Furthermore, the title isn't "Knightfall," which would've suggested an end of some sort. No, this title implies that Wayne starts to take his role as Batman very seriously after some very traumatic event that will be caused by Bane.

I think that Wayne will not want, or will hesitate, to come back as Batman at some point in the film. When the Bat Signal will light up the sky and he refuses to go, someone will put on his suit without his knowledge and end up facing Bane. That's how Bane could break Batman's back, or even kill him in the film, and still get away with it. It would have a pretty good shock factor for the viewers if done correctly, like in "TROY," when Achilles' cousin dons his armor and is killed by Hector. (Well, except for anyone who reads this, if it turns out to be true. lol )

Or they'll just have Alfred die.

If they don't do something with Bane seriously damaging Batman, then the film is already a letdown. At least for me. :grin:

This is the final film in the trilogy. The title is "The Dark Knight Rises." Not "A" dark knight; "The." There is significance here. Furthermore, the title isn't "Knightfall," which would've suggested an end of some sort. No, this title implies that Wayne starts to take his role as Batman very seriously after some very traumatic event that will be caused by Bane

The movie picks up 8 years after the last one. Bruce Wayne hasn't donned the cape and cowl in all that time. The title refers to him becoming Batman again. Bane is the cause for Batman's rise, but was not the cause for his fall. The events of the last film caused that.

You can't kill Batman. The movies are a multi-billion dollar money maker for WB when you include box office, DVD sales, licensing, toys, etc. Not gonna happen, not permanently. There will be another Batman in 3-4 years, with a different director/cast, that is certain.

Wasn't it released that they are now going to mimic Avengers (and its progeny) with a DC line-up to include a solo Batman movie to lead into JLA? If so, there's the "rebirth."

This is the final film in the trilogy. The title is "The Dark Knight Rises." Not "A" dark knight; "The." There is significance here. Furthermore, the title isn't "Knightfall," which would've suggested an end of some sort. No, this title implies that Wayne starts to take his role as Batman very seriously after some very traumatic event that will be caused by Bane

The movie picks up 8 years after the last one. Bruce Wayne hasn't donned the cape and cowl in all that time. The title refers to him becoming Batman again. Bane is the cause for Batman's rise, but was not the cause for his fall. The events of the last film caused that.

I don't think they have done a good job with the previews, but the current one is decent. Even so, I am very excited for this movie's release! I am also excited to see how the deal with the last movie's conclusion (pretty cut and dry how they will, but still...)

That's the plot that they're going with? Batman in his prime takes 8 years off? Wow... this doesn't look too good.

Even so, if the title only referred to his becoming Batman again, you would think it would be "The Dark Knight Returns." (Unless they just didn't want it to be too similar to "Batman Returns" or "Superman Returns.")

I still think it alludes to a deeper meaning that will manifest itself as a catalyst of some sort in the film. But it's all academic at this point.