• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who would DO THIS?!?!

21 posts in this topic

My question is, how much would that go for if he put it up for auction starting at a dollar, with no reserve? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I was wondering the same thing...

The scans make the covers look like they are at LEAST VF+

However, I have no idea what kind of damage the stitching did. At least he didn't use glue. 893frustrated.gif

Isnt this the same set that was put up for auction before by the same seller?

My question is, how much would that go for if he put it up for auction starting at a dollar, with no reserve? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

However, I have no idea what kind of damage the stitching did. At least he didn't use glue. 893frustrated.gif

It may be possible to remove glue. But stitching means holes through the covers and every page. frown.gif

Plus the trimming. frown.giffrown.gif

Bound volumes aren't all that rare. Libraries, some publishers and some collectors did it to make comics easier to read and store. At the time it wouldn't have been a big deal at all. To be honest, I'm sure people would have questioned spending all that money just to have some comics bound.

It may be possible to remove glue. But stitching means holes through the covers and every page. frown.gif

God, I hope not. He doesn't say that they were trimmed, but if they were, he would be lucky to get 1/10th of what he is asking.

God, I hope not. He doesn't say that they were trimmed, but if they were, he would be lucky to get 1/10th of what he is asking.

Bound volumes are traditionally trimmed to give the edge a nice uniform look. It's actually rare to find one that HASN'T been trimmed.

Yes he does say that. In the description.

check the 5th paragraph: "The process of the binding, including a uniform trim to keep all the pages aligned and perfect" - "aligned and perfect" - nice bit of hype! smile.gif

Yes he does say that. In the description.

Yo, I am an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. I completely missed that when he said:

The process of the binding, including a uniform trim to keep all the pages aligned

foreheadslap.gif

I've seen this set a few times before and the thing I still don't understand is whether or not they still have spines, or if they were chopped off to be glued and stitched. confused-smiley-013.gif

BTW, Hi POV! hi.gif

Lets see I could buy some Fines from 21-101 for what, say $5000 and have them trimmed and bound. So the first book with all the keys is worth $25k. AF 15 as is $2k and #1 is $1500. Another $5 k for 2-20. Add $1500 for coolness factor and their worth $15k. I'll wait until the 50% off sale.