• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spiderman #9: Poor or qualified?

31 posts in this topic

No, my understanding is that qualified grades are given to books that are otherwise very high grade, but have one flaw that is inconsistent with the otherwise high grade (the classic example being a NM+ comic with a clean 2 inch tear on the back cover). It does not apply to low grade comics.

Sorry, FFB, just plain wrong. Take a look at any census report, but a good one to look at is Incredible Hulk #181:

http://www.cgccomics.com/poplookup/grades_standard.asp?title=Incredible+Hulk+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++&issue=181++++&publisher=Marvel+Comics++++++++++++&year=1974&issuedate=11%2F74+++++++++++++++

Qualified grades are given all the way down to GD/VG 3.0 (hardly limited to high grades). sumo.gif

Most likely those are SIGNED comics. SIGNED comics get green labels at any grade level because the signatures can't be verified. They are not given green labels because they contain a defect that does not belong on an otherwise high grade book.

Nope, FFB, "most likely" wrong again - sometimes I think you make it up as you go. You have no basis to make that assumption. It is more likely that these all have the value stamps or coupons cut out. Check out the numbers again. 893frustrated.gif

Well that's kind of a dickish thing to say.

And if you read my next post, you'd see I clarified something. mad.gif

No, my understanding is that qualified grades are given to books that are otherwise very high grade, but have one flaw that is inconsistent with the otherwise high grade (the classic example being a NM+ comic with a clean 2 inch tear on the back cover). It does not apply to low grade comics.
893scratchchin-thumb.gifflowerred.gif

I did a little digging and found Mr. Borock's comment on the topic:

Qualified or Crapified?

lol so i guess my comic is crapified.

But the debate still lives on on that if sent to cgc would this comic get a .05 or a 1.0 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This will be a mystery for the ages unless I actually do send in this crapified comic into cgc. insane.gif

I didn't know this comic would cause a huge battle between posters. For that i appologize. flowerred.gif

So what's your point? I already admitted that I was mistaken. Shall I dig up that thread with the overgraded 8.0 that you auctioned off to even the score? flowerred.gif

So what's your point? I already admitted that I was mistaken. Shall I dig up that thread with the overgraded 8.0 that you auctioned off to even the score? flowerred.gif

Oh my Gawd, NO! I am sorry, I WAS a little "pissy" last night. sorry.gifflowerred.gif

Oh my Gawd, NO! I am sorry, I WAS a little "pissy" last night. sorry.gifflowerred.gif

All is forgiven. We're friends again. 27_laughing.gifacclaim.gif

For now at least. flowerred.gif

For now at least. flowerred.gif

Naw, even if he made me really mad, all he'd have to do is send Newt another high grade book for free and I'd like him again. smile.gif