• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rose City Comic Con

35 posts in this topic

Hey all I am looking into facilitating a show this September in Portland with MastrCntrlProgram. It is a smaller show but there is some really great guests including a board favorite Clayton Crain. I would like to accept SS signatures and sketches for the show but with the guest list not complete I would like to see what amount of books people would be interested in getting done before committing to the show.

I will update / edit the thread with new guest announcements.

Also MastrCntrlProgram will be accepting books for pressing on site at the show as well as before hand Moderns will be $10. This service will ensure that any of your books you have concerns about get the best possible grade.

newlogoFINAL150.jpg\

www.HeroRestoration.net

PM me for pricing.

Media Guest

Richard Hatch

Artists & Writers

Steve Lieber

Clayton Crain

Ron Randall

Jeremy Barlow

Brandon Jerwa

Ethan Nicolle

Paul Guinan & Anina Bennett

Ron Chan

Andy Mangels

Randy Emberlin

David Hahn

Gary Martin

Jonathan Case

Karl Kesel

Cat Farris

Greg Rucka

Ben Dewey

Natalie Nourigat

Justin Zimmerman

Eric Trautmann

Questions?

Q. Can dealers submit on their own accounts?

A. Sure thing just shoot me a PM.

Q. Can you crack yellow slabs?

A. Yes we will be able to crack slabs at the show.

I will be posting questions and answers at the end of the post to help answer any questions asap.

Also added that Heroes Restoration will be on site and pressing books!

Awesome! I've already request my time off work for this and now that I know that I can get some sketches and get them graded makes it even better!

I'm hoping Dustin Weaver makes it.

How many people would like to get Clayton Crain sketches? I was thinking I can contact him and see if we can get a bunch done from home before the show. If anyone wants one PM me.

How many people would like to get Clayton Crain sketches? I was thinking I can contact him and see if we can get a bunch done from home before the show. If anyone wants one PM me.

Good luck, my friend! I suggest messaging him through facebook as opposed to his website. If anything pans out, let me know - he has a list for me, maybe I can jump the line and get one at this show!

Good luck, my friend! I suggest messaging him through facebook as opposed to his website. If anything pans out, let me know - he has a list for me, maybe I can jump the line and get one at this show!

I can take some sketch requests for the show. I dunno how many he can do at one show but I imagine at his prices there won't be a huge demand for sketches.

When is this? Is this where the 'other' PDX Comicon is, at the Memorial Colesium, or...?

If we get sketches and/or sigs done here, we can get them slabbed in with a yellow SS label too?

Also, have you hounded Brian Bendis yet? I'd love to see him come out of hiding :grin:

I've had a cool idea for a Crayton sketch for a while.

Needless to say, I'm really interested!

Jerome

This event is September 8th and 9th.

http://www.rosecitycomiccon.com/

Yes I would be accepting SS submissions for the show.

Working on getting Aaron Lopresti out to the show, he is interested so there may be an opportunity for sketches and sigs for him as well I will let you know after SDCC when everyone will be clear of stuff on their plate.

Remender would be rad too, didn't know he was a local guy Stumptown FTW.

Thanks for the info Menace!

Shouldn't this thread go in the Comic Events Forum? :shrug:

Jerome

Rick's Facebook says he lives in California. Hmmm I will see if he is interested in coming though.

I will make a thread in the SS announcement thread when I get back from SDCC since there seems to be a good amount of interest in the show.

Anyone can feel free to make a thread in the Comic Events room, thats just a place for boardies going to the same cons to chat.

I can take some sketch requests for the show. I dunno how many he can do at one show but I imagine at his prices there won't be a huge demand for sketches.

I was with him recently at a show in Spokane. He had a line of people at the very opening and was working on sketches until well after the show closed. Every dealer and artist was gone and they literally had folded up every table and chair in the room except his while he kept working to finish every request. He wasn't doing acrylics, just copics. But everybody who got something done was smiling ear to ear.