• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man - Movie Review

34 posts in this topic

I am respectfully going to wait for this to appear in Netflix' library. I just feel like I have seen it all already when it comes to Spiderman on the big screen.

With Batman and the Avengers... I cannot see anything with Spider-man that demands for me to go into a theater to see it. I can wait.

I am respectfully going to wait for this to appear in Netflix' library. I just feel like I have seen it all already when it comes to Spiderman on the big screen.

Agreed, though it makes me sad to say it. I just can't yet deal with another version of "oh, no, not Uncle Ben!"

Why do filmmakers think we must have another origin story? Can't we just start the saga elsewhere? Like Roy said, there are so many other options for a good story. I mean, there is 50 years of material.

You would think that studios would have learned their lesson from the Vader origin trilogy.

If Spidey had to have an origin, they could have easily done this as a 5-minute flashback somewhere in the film. It didn't need to BE the film.

Such a waste.

I'm trying to think of an upside here. hm I guess Spidey books might cool? A good time for buyers?

Nononono..

Dont give them the option of somewhere IN the film.

At the beginning.During the cred...ok everyone take out your Superman 2 dvd

and watch the credits sequence.

They recap the entire first film in there.

Thats how you do it.

Then Sarah Douglas can enter and all hell breaks loose.

Oh yeah and that General Zod guy and the mute.

:grin:

I'll always love what I think is the greatest first and maybe any 100 issue run of a comic book ever made. The Amazing Spider-man.

I have no interest in this movie.

And that's the problem. If this movie can't be sold to boardies, that doesn't bode well.

I heard that they changed his origin a little in this movie.

He gets his powers from being bitten by Morbius and his skin twinkles in the sunlight.

He gets his powers from being bitten by Morbius and his skin twinkles in the sunlight.

Too funny...I bet the tweens will love that movie!

Pfft...you've been spouting venom about this movie since it was announced.

Indeed. I've seen nothing to change my mind.

Except that Glee clip they tried to pass off as a preview.

Indeed. I've seen nothing to change my mind.

Except that Glee clip they tried to pass off as a preview.

Grump. :P