• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man - Movie Review

34 posts in this topic

Saw the movie yesterday, it's no match for Avengers, that's for sure, but better than I thought it would be. Andrew Garfield is in my opinion a better PP than Tobey was and I loved what they did with Spider-Man in the movie. The way he moves, the action scenes, his webshooters (amazing), it all looks much better than in the Raimi movies. There is a scene at the end where Spidey swings for a very long time from building to building and it looks incredible. One of the best scenes of the movie. And I loved what he does with his webbing, it's used very often in the movie.

The biggest problem is - of course - that we have to sit through another origin story again. But at least it's told a little bit different and with some new twists. The movie could have been better, but it's a step in the right direction and I have some high expectations for the second movie now.

There is also a mid-credit scene like in the Avengers..

And some spoiler:

Norman Osborn is mentioned and maybe he is also the guy standing in the shadows in the mid-credit scene. Osborn is very ill in the movie and hasn't much time left and that's why he wanted Connors to find a cure for him. If you ask me, I think it all comes down to another Spidey/Goblin confrontation in Part 3. Looks like a slow build up to that...

You'd think there is only two comics in the entire run for Marvel to pull material from.

If I see one more Spidey origin movie I'm going to barf. It's gotten to the part where even newborns know it by now. It's been genetically encoded in all of us!

Let's get to a good Kraven flick for once! Vulture! Sinister Six! Kingpin! Shocker! Prowler! Morbius! Punsiher! Jackel and Hammerhead! Molten Man!

Man, even Fusion would be better than another origin.

For goodness sake, people. Come on!

Saw the movie yesterday, it's no match for Avengers

Stopped reading.

You'd think there is only two comics in the entire run for Marvel to pull material from.

If I see one more Spidey origin movie I'm going to barf

Stopped reading.

If I see one more Spidey origin movie I'm going to barf

Stopped reading.

FUSION!

Actually, I know what you're saying with the reboot - that was my initial reaction too. But I think it's important for the masses that a new series of movies start with the origin. It's particularly important if you want younger generations to get on board. Present day 10 year olds were newborns when the last Spidey origin movie came out.

What's so bad with another origin? Yeah we all know it word for word but it's only been done once in film and that was in 2002, sure it wasn't long ago but the typical audience has an awful memory.

Besides Spidey has a cool origin and most origin stories are best the instalments in a movie franchise. I said most.

For me, they could probably put out a full feature movie in theaters of Spiderman in cartoon form and i'd see it. lol

I'm looking forward to this one and I am excited to see what Andrew Garfield does with the character. He's a better PP than Tobey even just based on the previews. He wears the part better in my opinion.

I also hate the idea of another origin AND one that is not true to the comic shakes me to the core.

The source material is the foundation. You just don't mess with the origin in my opinion.

I do like the idea of The Lizard as the villain this time. I'd love to see Shocker and/or Elektro as the next villain.

As for being better than The Avengers...my expectations aren't that high. I also never imagined The Avengers would be that good. I didn't expect much going in and was blown away

The fact I am taking my son to see Spiderman makes me really happy...so just for that it's worth the price of admission.

When I was his age I loved Spiderman...so for him to ask me to go...it's pretty cool stuff.

At some point,you have to take the newborns of 10 years ago,make them watch the first trilogy so they can be up to par and proclaim like some of us..

" Another reboot with another origin story.? "

Heres your answer.

Next time,put the origin in the credits sequence at the beginning.

He's a nerd,gets bit,shoots cool webs and swings like Tarzan in the city canyons.

You're 8 minutes in.

Now bring on the super villains.12 of them.

If I see one more Spidey origin movie I'm going to barf. It's gotten to the part where even newborns know it by now. It's been genetically encoded in all of us!

Let's get to a good Kraven flick for once! Vulture! Sinister Six! Kingpin! Shocker! Prowler! Morbius! Punsiher! Jackel and Hammerhead! Molten Man!

I was at the Premier opening at Westwood Village Fox Theatre last night for Spider-Man. I forgot my camera, but happened to have my Verizon Galaxy Tablet with me, as I had class at UCLA last evening.

Once I get my tech skills up, I will post those quick clips.

CAL learning new skills every day out of survival...

I was at the Premier opening at Westwood Village Fox Theatre last night for Spider-Man. I forgot my camera, but happened to have my Verizon Galaxy Tablet with me, as I had class at UCLA last evening.

Once I get my tech skills up, I will post those quick clips.

CAL learning new skills every day out of survival...

:popcorn:

I'm with you on this one Roy.