• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WOW

15 posts in this topic

It's a top modern grail, and hard to find in anything above a 9.4 due to the spine splits on the hard cover!

Not to be confused with Spider-man #1 SILVER edition, with 25 copies in CGC 10.0.

Was there ever a conclusion on which is truly "rarer"... Platinum or Gold w/UPC?

Platinum has five times as many CGC graded copies as Gold w/UPC...

i have always heard the gold upc was rarer,but if i had a choice i would take a platinum cgc 9.8 over gold 9.8 anyday.will there ever be a 9.8 platinum?? with that hard cover and spine there wont be many if any at all and i bet the price would be insane. wink.gif

You've got that straight - I just >love< the advertisements:

// assign the strings to the array's elements

ar[0] = "This book is OFFICIALLY a Near-Mint+!"

ar[1] = "One of the MOST DIFFICULT books to get and keep in this condition!!"

ar[2] = "Take a look at the LARGE and DETAILED scan!!"

ar[3] = "THIS BOOK RECEIVED AN AWESOME 9.6 GRADE FROM CGC!"

ar[4] = "NEVER READ & IMMEDIATELY BAGGED & BOARDED!"

ar[5] = "All that's left is for you to BID NOW!"

ar[6] = "you can store it for later, it will definitely go up in value!"

ar[7] = "REMEMBER, THIS BOOK'S LIMITED PRINT RUN WAS 10,000!!!"

ar[8] = "CHECK OUT ALL MY POSITIVE FEEDBACK for bidding confidence!"

ar[9] = "You have NOTHING TO LOSE but the chance to OWN THIS BOOK!"

ar[10] = "YOU CANNOT GO WRONG WITH THIS BOOK!!"

ar[11] = "Thanks for BIDDING!"

Larry

High bid was $500. I was shocked. Considering a 9.2 just went up with a BIN of like $120, and that got hit w/n 24 hours, I figured a jump to a 9.6 is worth about $500, that just me though. What do you think one of the 2 9.8's would go for??

thumbsup2.gif

High bid was $500. I was shocked. Considering a 9.2 just went up with a BIN of like $120, and that got hit w/n 24 hours, I figured a jump to a 9.6 is worth about $500, that just me though. What do you think one of the 2 9.8's would go for??

Man great price on that book. I almost pulled the trigger a few month's back for a nice raw copy for $150..........I would have considered myself fortunate to get a 9.4 back let alone a 9.6. 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif