• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

just wanted to say thanks

13 posts in this topic

to the folks who post here regularly. I have officially signed up after doing nothing but reading and lurking here religiously for the past year or so.

I had long since got away from comic books over the past 15 years or so. now the wife and I are both a little over a year back into buying/reading/selling entirely too many comics. These boards have been a great place for me to just take it all in, absorb and learn about all kinds of the stuff I missed out on.

my attention got drawn here as I was already buying and selling comics in limited amounts and kind of riding around what I thought might catch interest even if it was just making a few extra dollars at a time to go towards ... buying more comics! (and in some cases making a bunch of extra dollars at a time, (thief of thieves/comicspro))

attended heroes con in charlotte as the first convention I've been to in almost 20 years (I'm 31 now) and had a blast even though we only went Friday and had to cut our outing a lil short due to poor planning but picked up some nice stuff for us and a signed/sketched copy of underwater welder by jeff lemire to mail up to my best friend.

heroes6.jpg

sketch for our one year old daughter, going to try to get something each year for her of artists we like/and eventually hopefully from artists she likes/stuff she'd like them to draw.

if you care to see the other stuff we picked up you can view it at:

http://www.page63.com/comics/

over and out!

thanks again folks, when I saw they would have a limited number of those at heroes, we decided we would head straight over there in hopes of getting one, underestimated peoples interests I think as there was not a single person at the table and walked right up! intended on getting the penny sketch for our daughter and the batman perhaps to resale to help recoup some of the spending - they ended up personalizing both which is no big deal still love them regardless! excited for future shows, thinking about trying to head up to Baltimore since there is a lot between NC and there for the wife and I to do/people to see also.

all in all a great time! I guess I coulda also noted a bit of what we are into too here. as for her she is a batman fan first and foremost, and really outside of that only dabbles in other stuff as per my recommendation, a few other titles she has kept up on lately, batman, supurbia, peter panzerfaust, animal man (doesn't really dig it though) and plans on starting on swamp thing sometime soon and loves Paquettes artwork.

I on the other hand, tend to read a bit of anything I can possibly get my hands on that looks good. I cycle through a lot of books cherrypicking nicest copies I can reading over and then just ditching to ebay if not something I liked and continuing on.

pull list is a bit sporadic for me but some of my favorites currently:

DC new 52 stuff: batman (Snyders work within batman titles is stellar. one of my favorite writers around right now),batman and robin, aquaman (blew my mind when getting back into comics that I would actually enjoy an aquaman comic and actually like it a lot). all-star western (dig the old gotham stories), batman inc (excited this started back up and minus continuity being tossed into the breeze love it so far)

image: toss a rock lately and it seems they put out something I liked, highlights for me would be chew, thief of thieves (thought this was great with issue #1 glad I horded some copies along with comicspro variants...LCS guy thought i was nuts. i won), saga (amazing), Fatale, Manhattan Projects and Prophet (one of the comics that I consistently do not have any clue what is going on 70% of the time, but so much rad stuff keeps popping up throughout that it keeps me reading, and I love the artwork). there are a lot of other titles we pull, or pick up and read but those are the ones that stand out to me off the top of my head.

eh that is enough for now!

thanks again folks, when I saw they would have a limited number of those at heroes, we decided we would head straight over there in hopes of getting one, underestimated peoples interests I think as there was not a single person at the table and walked right up! intended on getting the penny sketch for our daughter and the batman perhaps to resale to help recoup some of the spending - they ended up personalizing both which is no big deal still love them regardless! excited for future shows, thinking about trying to head up to Baltimore since there is a lot between NC and there for the wife and I to do/people to see also.

all in all a great time! I guess I coulda also noted a bit of what we are into too here. as for her she is a batman fan first and foremost, and really outside of that only dabbles in other stuff as per my recommendation, a few other titles she has kept up on lately, batman, supurbia, peter panzerfaust, animal man (doesn't really dig it though) and plans on starting on swamp thing sometime soon and loves Paquettes artwork.

I on the other hand, tend to read a bit of anything I can possibly get my hands on that looks good. I cycle through a lot of books cherrypicking nicest copies I can reading over and then just ditching to ebay if not something I liked and continuing on.

pull list is a bit sporadic for me but some of my favorites currently:

DC new 52 stuff: batman (Snyders work within batman titles is stellar. one of my favorite writers around right now),batman and robin, aquaman (blew my mind when getting back into comics that I would actually enjoy an aquaman comic and actually like it a lot). all-star western (dig the old gotham stories), batman inc (excited this started back up and minus continuity being tossed into the breeze love it so far)

image: toss a rock lately and it seems they put out something I liked, highlights for me would be chew, thief of thieves (thought this was great with issue #1 glad I horded some copies along with comicspro variants...LCS guy thought i was nuts. i won), saga (amazing), Fatale, Manhattan Projects and Prophet (one of the comics that I consistently do not have any clue what is going on 70% of the time, but so much rad stuff keeps popping up throughout that it keeps me reading, and I love the artwork). there are a lot of other titles we pull, or pick up and read but those are the ones that stand out to me off the top of my head.

eh that is enough for now!

:whatev: Hiyo!

Welcome as forum-member to the Collectors Society and glad your enjoying your renew life in comics... :foryou: