• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THREAD CLOSED

9 posts in this topic

back when I collected the odd GA superhero book, this was on my want list and eluded me. Nice looking copy.

Though unsigned, I always felt that this cover was possibly inked by L.B. Cole over someone else's pencils.

Though unsigned, I always felt that this cover was possibly inked by L.B. Cole over someone else's pencils.

Huh, I can kinda see that. hm

Yeah... now that you mention it.... you may be onto something! :idea:

Huh, I can kinda see that. hm

Yeah... now that you mention it.... you may be onto something! :idea:

I could see that being the case too! And I raise you I think he had a hand in the coloring as its reminiscent of the strong colors in Cole's covers (takes a confident artist to go with pink, orange, yellow and green bricks ;) ).

hmmm let's definitely say "had a hand in" and not "did" the coloring? what is going on with the colors of the right hooded figure, under the table? Looks like a grey robe and pink pants when it should, from looking at the other hooded figure, be red pants and a green robe.

This is all very very interesting though. :) Its basically too polished a cover to be by a completely unknown name so what's been suggested makes a lot of sense. I.e. if it *wasn't* Cole over somebody else's pencils, we'd know this guy by name and style, most likely.