• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm not excited about The Dark Knight Rises.

41 posts in this topic

I'm not excited about it either. Probably catch it on HBO at some point.

Not a surprising comment from a username "MarvelOnly". lol

As the biggest Bat fan around, I will admit that I'm not too excited about this movie. Now, yesterday morning I was watching TV while sipping my morning coffee and a TV spot appeared for TDKR. It was short but had alot of scenes which I hadn't seen before. This TV spot has now made me WANT to see this movie. All other trailers have failed.

I will have to refute claims from those who have said "TDK wasn't that great" but each to their own.

its not just you. the movie looks good but it doesnt look like it will be great.

then again and i know this is blasphemy here but i think now and i have always thought that the dark knight would have done about half of what it did if ledger had not died. his performance was great but so many people went to see it that wouldnt have if he had not died. it wasnt a great movie.

Ledger's death gave the film a huge opening weekend boost. The quality of the movie is what kept the film at the top of the boxoffice for weeks afterward, and contributed to lots of repeat viewings.

Early buzz is that TDKR is better than TDK, and is tracking to have an opening weekend of at least 150 Million(exactly what THE AVENGERS was tracking before it was released). I personally can't wait to see it.

Judging by the trailers, it doesn't really look like its gonna be a great as the first two. Hopefully you can't judge a movie by its trailer..

Judging by the trailers, it doesn't really look like its gonna be a great as the first two. Hopefully you can't judge a movie by its trailer..

You can't. The trailers for Batman Forever made the movie look awesome, look out that turned out.

You can't. The trailers for Batman Forever made the movie look awesome, look out that turned out.

It was awesome.

It was awesome.

lol .... Weirdo :baiting:

It was awesome.

It wasn't quite as magnificent and pivotally brilliant as Batman And Robin, a cinematic masterpiece that was appreciable on many different levels.

But it was mighty close.

It was awesome.

8952-1295.gif

It was awesome.

8952-1295.gif

I can't decide who acted better...

Tommy Lee Jones in Batman Forever or Harrison Ford in Return of the Jedi.

Yet they came together to produce a solid film in The Fugitive.

What got me worried was the whole "hundreds of Bane henchmen" scenes, as once action movies delve into a "cast of thousands", they totally lose all purpose for me.

That's one reason I liked the previous two movies, these were both very personal, with Bats vs. only a few baddies at a time, and not against hoards of faceless, nameless maniacs.

What got me worried was the whole "hundreds of Bane henchmen" scenes, as once action movies delve into a "cast of thousands", they totally lose all purpose for me.

That's one reason I liked the previous two movies, these were both very personal, with Bats vs. only a few baddies at a time, and not against hoards of faceless, nameless maniacs.

Agree!

And I prefer Batman Begins to the second movie.

Anyone else feeling the same way?

The first 2 films had trailors that made me want to see them NOW!

But TDKR just dosent have the same effect.

Is it just me?

No,as we all still know

nothing will top Heath Ledger as the Joker.

I honestly don't get that. I thought he did a decent acting job, but not a great Joker. I still prefer the Mark Hammil version from Batman: TAS...though to be honest, I prefer that version over any of the live action Batman movies.