• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm not excited about The Dark Knight Rises.

41 posts in this topic

Anyone else feeling the same way?

The first 2 films had trailors that made me want to see them NOW!

But TDKR just dosent have the same effect.

Is it just me?

its not just you. the movie looks good but it doesnt look like it will be great.

then again and i know this is blasphemy here but i think now and i have always thought that the dark knight would have done about half of what it did if ledger had not died. his performance was great but so many people went to see it that wouldnt have if he had not died. it wasnt a great movie.

its not just you. the movie looks good but it doesnt look like it will be great.

then again and i know this is blasphemy here but i think now and i have always thought that the dark knight would have done about half of what it did if ledger had not died. his performance was great but so many people went to see it that wouldnt have if he had not died. it wasnt a great movie.

the movie was a masterpiece :slapfight:

+1

I think it may have been all the hype, but I was super excited to see it. I didn't get to see it in the theaters, so I watched it on DVD at home. I thought it was OK, but it really didn't floor me like I wanted it to. In all honesty, I thought Iron Man was the better of the two Comic movies that summer, and maybe seeing that at the theaters influenced that decision.

Now being overseas, not getting even 10% of the hype you guys are getting back in the states, I just can't really get excited about DKR. Still have yet to see Avengers though, and that is what I am really waiting to see when I get back.

I overhead a woman at the theater on Friday go "Ugh. I hate Batman. Not another movie." I was offended to the utmost degree.
I'm betting she loves those Twilight flicks.

Is it just me?

I really enjoy the Batman movies, but mainly as straight up "thrillers". They just don't quite hit that "comic book" mark for some reason.

I'm not sure why, but it may be the all-black costume design. It's like a pointy-ear high tech wetsuit.

There are a couple of live action fan films that manage to hit the mark. Batman: Dead End and Batman: City of Scars.

So it is possible to do a live action "comic book" Batman, but for whatever reason the major studios fall short (so far).

030724badbat.jpgPhoto+4.jpg

600full-batman-begins-screenshot.jpgchristian-bale-batman-dark-knight-rises.jpg

Is it just me?

I really enjoy the Batman movies, but mainly as straight up "thrillers". They just don't quite hit that "comic book" mark for some reason.

I'm not sure why, but it may be the all-black costume design. It's like a pointy-ear high tech wetsuit.

There are a couple of live action fan films that manage to hit the mark. Batman: Dead End and Batman: City of Scars.

So it is possible to do a live action "comic book" Batman, but for whatever reason the major studios fall short (so far).

030724badbat.jpgPhoto+4.jpg

600full-batman-begins-screenshot.jpgchristian-bale-batman-dark-knight-rises.jpg

thank god. DKR was a great crime movie. christopher nolan hasn't made a not great movie since 2nd grade- hope this isn't the first.

Anyone else feeling the same way?

The first 2 films had trailors that made me want to see them NOW!

But TDKR just dosent have the same effect.

Is it just me?

Go rewatch BB and TDK and it will get you excited.

That's a red herring. The star of that film was the direction, pacing and editing. Yes, Ledger and most of the cast were excellent and the -script was taut enough, but the credit has to go to Nolan for transcending genre convention and managing to keep the audience guessing.