• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Women and Children First...

40 posts in this topic

Received the new Marvel Previews today and noted the Marvel ship is headed in a familiar direction.

Of course every month there are a few new #1 issues starting a new series or limited series from Marvel, and maybe a few more as of late. Everyone come along with me and take a look at what's new in this month's Marvel Previews (retailers please don your lifevests)

note: this would be in the modern comics thread but it's really not about the books themselves.

Here they are;

Strange #1 - new ongoing series

Black Widow #1 - limited series

Hulk & Thing: Hard Knocks #1 - limited series (Jae Lee's rendition of the Thing rocks, get it - "rocks"!?, I digress..

Elektra: The Hand #1 - limited series

Bullseye: Greatest Hits #1 - limited series

Marvel Knights 2099: Daredevil #1 - one-shot

Marvel Knights 2099: Punisher #1 - one-shot

Marvel Knights 2099: Black Panther # - one-shot

Marvel Knights 2099: Mutant #1 - one-shot

Marvel Knights 2099: Inhumans #1 - one-shot

Madrox #1 - new ongoing series

Jubilee #1 - new ongoing series

Nightcrawler #1 - new ongoing series

Gambit #1 - new ongoing series

Marvel Age Spider-Man Team-Up #1 - new ongoing series

Marvel Age Hulk #1 - new ongoing series

Warlock #1 - new ongoing series

That's all one month...one month. The question I have to ask myself is; Where are my customers going to draw the line and when are they going to jump ship.

a'hoy

CRC

Now I understand why many of you dont even bother with collecting Modern...just to much to keep up with! confused-smiley-013.gif

Is Madrox one of the X-men villians? Why the heck should he receive a series during this Marvel deluge? insane.gif

No, Madrox is Jamie Madrox AKA the Multiple Man and he's a good guy. They even brought him into the X-MEN EVLOUTION cartoon in recent years. This title is going to be a MAX one, I think (I'll get my Previews next week), and is written by Peter David.

I'll admit that that is waaaaaayyyyyy too many #1's to have in 1 month, but Madrox and Strange probablly have the best chance of doing well. Ok, so does the Black Widow with Seinkiewicz art.

But keep in mind that some of the #1's are mini's and the whole 2099 is a 5th week event.

Any takers on how long the Gambit and Rogue books will last? I give Rogue 18 and Remy 12. Whadda think?

Strange #1 - new ongoing series

Black Widow #1 - limited series

Hulk & Thing: Hard Knocks #1 - limited series (Jae Lee's rendition of the Thing rocks, get it - "rocks"!?, I digress..

Bullseye: Greatest Hits #1 - limited series

Warlock #1 - new ongoing series

I'll be drawing the line with those titles.

It's the fifth anniversary of the MK imprint. Hence the overload of MK titles.

It's an "event" month for them.

Also, I think the Strage is a mini - not an ongoing.

And the Hulk / Thing is supposed to take the place of the Hulk book for those 4 months. So regular Hulk readers will still be buying something, just not the "Incredible" title.

You're the 2nd person today to ask how I keep up with this stuff.

I have no idea....... laugh.gif

It's the fifth anniversary of the MK imprint. Hence the overload of MK titles.

It's an "event" month for them.

March - X-Men Reload event

May - Avengers Disassemble event

June - MK event

They keep this up "event month" gig I'm going to lose my mind and my wallet.

Strange #1 $3.50 (reads; "New Marvel Knights Series" doesn't show the #1(of 4 or 6) in desc.

Black Widow #1 $2.99

Hulk & Thing: Hard Knocks #1 $3.50 (good call, no Inc. Hulk is offered this month)

Elektra: The Hand #1 $2.99

Bullseye: Greatest Hits #1 $2.99 (Deodato's Bullseye looks like the Juggernaut)

Marvel Knights 2099: $2.99

Madrox #1 $2.99

Jubilee #1 $2.99

Nightcrawler #1 $2.99

Gambit #1 $2.99

Marvel Age Spider-Man Team-Up #1 $1.75!

Marvel Age Hulk #1 $1.75!

Warlock #1 $2.99

CRC

Off the top of my head, I don't know the creators or the direction they are going, but I think this could be a great on-going series, if it is done for a mature reader line like MK or MAX. It is a new Marvel Knight's, right?

Off the top of my head, I don't know the creators or the direction they are going, but I think this could be a great on-going series, if it is done for a mature reader line like MK or MAX. It is a new Marvel Knight's, right?

Peter David is writing it. It will almost certainly be good (and starved for readership.)

And the Hulk / Thing is supposed to take the place of the Hulk book for those 4 months. So regular Hulk readers will still be buying something, just not the "Incredible" title.

Not for 55.6% more money ($3.50 vs. $2.25), I won't. mad.gif

Not for 55.6% more money ($3.50 vs. $2.25), I won't. mad.gif

I'm the opposite. For Jae Lee I'll pick up the title.

How long before we are inundated with foil/holo/acetate covers?

I'm waiting for chocolate comics!

After reading them you can eat them!

Imagine all the variants.

Dark chocolate, Milk chocolate, Chocolate Mint...

Yummy! cloud9.gif

popcorn.gif

Marvels on the fast road to nowhere with this type of mentality. You cant be a little bit pregnant and you cant be a little bit of a corporate whore. You can see the drooling insufficiently_thoughtful_persons on Marvels management trying to hold back their evil corporate tendencies but ultimately succumbing to the lure of quick cash from #1 pimping.

Marvel will not last 5 more years in its current form. Hell with the new media laws things could be so screwy that Time/Warner might be able to hold both DC and Marvel at the same time. That would be odd. insane.gif

Marvels on the fast road to nowhere with this type of mentality. You cant be a little bit pregnant and you cant be a little bit of a corporate whore. You can see the drooling insufficiently_thoughtful_persons on Marvels management trying to hold back their evil corporate tendencies but ultimately succumbing to the lure of quick cash from #1 pimping.

Marvel will not last 5 more years in its current form. Hell with the new media laws things could be so screwy that Time/Warner might be able to hold both DC and Marvel at the same time. That would be odd. insane.gif

insufficiently_thoughtful_persons like you. 893censored-thumb.gif

Either make a point or shut up I'm tired of your yapping.

the point is you're a [!@#%^&^] insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Go play on the freeway. 893censored-thumb.gif

the point is you're a [!@#%^&^] insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Go play on the freeway. 893censored-thumb.gif

Go have a cry or something but dont speak to me unless its on-topic.