• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MARVEL NOW: Here comes the Marvel Relaunch

141 posts in this topic

[font:Book Antiqua]I don’t follow books or characters anymore,

but instead artist, writers or arcs...

Like Oliver Coipel run in Thor, Bendis & (anyone else) in Avengers,

I have more focus in the creative team,

for me that it’s a win win situation.[/font]

(thumbs u

DC Did it better when they just started everything over. New continuity, new rules, New everything.

I dont think I will start ordering marvel books again anytime soon

For the life of me, can't understand why anyone buys new comics anymore... they've ripped the heart out of it.

I went to an lcs yesterday, and the cheapest comics they had were in the $2.99 to $3.99 range. Why would anybody want to pay that price for a single issue when you can get dvds and books for .50 cents a piece at yard sales or flea markets. ;)

It`s become a joke.

thankfully the remaining 1700 lcs will continue to buy the majority of comics from Diamond to keep the industry afloat.

I look forward to finding the Marvel relaunch in the 50 cent bins right next to the majority of the new DC 52 at comic cons.

:cloud9:

If this is true, this is effing typical of Marvel.

Will they EVER listen to their readers!!!!!

Stop these effing relaunches!!!! I want to be able to follow the numbering of a series - they just relaunched Uncanny X-Men - and what ao it again?!?

Stop the multiple variant covers!!!! 1: 10, 1 : 25, 1 : 100, 1 : 150, what next 1 : 1,000,000 - which might as well be the original pages of art. It's getting bejond a joke trying to find them, let alone afford the,.

Stop effing around with continuity!!!! You have enough universes to screw with

Stop multiple books for each Title... X-this and X-effing that, Avengers This, Avengers That!!!

:rulez:

When will they Listen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEVER

rantrant

DC Did it better when they just started everything over. New continuity, new rules, New everything.

You mean the new 52? It's just terrible apart from a few titles.

New 52 actually got me picking up Batman again. I have thoroughly enjoyed the Night of Owls arc.

But if you're going to do a relaunch this is the way to do it..

Clear the table and start all over

New 52 actually got me picking up Batman again. I have thoroughly enjoyed the Night of Owls arc.

And that is the stand-out book.

But if you're going to do a relaunch this is the way to do it..

Clear the table and start all over

But they just brought back the same characters and made them go through the same situations again - Superman battles Luthor, Lois tries to find out who he is, etc, etc.

For the life of me, can't understand why anyone buys new comics anymore... they've ripped the heart out of it.

I went to an lcs yesterday, and the cheapest comics they had were in the $2.99 to $3.99 range. Why would anybody want to pay that price for a single issue when you can get dvds and books for .50 cents a piece at yard sales or flea markets. ;)

It`s become a joke.

Fwiw, May 2012 (the most recent month for which full data is publicly available) was the best $$$ month in the direct market since 1996.

And unless I miss my guess, next week is going to bring us the best-selling single comic book of the past 16-17 years.

The quality of Marvel's plan remains to be seen, but their timing is excellent. Nobody's quite ready to say it out loud yet, but we're probably in the early days of a (new comics industry) rebound. The numbers from recent months have been pretty promising, and I know some retailers who have been reporting solid monthly gains for even longer.

And unless I miss my guess, next week is going to bring us the best-selling single comic book of the past 16-17 years.

I must be totally out of the loop. What book is this, pray tell?

Walking Dead 100.

Ah...yeah, no offense but I think your prediction may be off a bit. ;)

We'll see, but I doubt I'm wrong... at least by much. :)

It needs 350k to put it in the top 2 or 3 in the Diamond-only era (so since '96), and most informed skuttlebutt has it in that range. After that, it depends on exactly where it lands.

It's going to be one of the biggest books since the mid-90s bust no matter how you slice it. And I think, probably the biggest.

I kind of thought that the Ultimate Universe was there way of "re-launching" things, while leaving the main lineage in tact. I'm interested to see what happens, as I've had mixed feelings about DC 52.

Adding to the day's Marvel's festivities, it's the return of Jean Grey:

Not a dream, not a hoax, not an imaginary story. She’s back and in this fragment of art, she’s drawn by Joe Quesada, in her old Marvel Girl costume.

The Return Of Jean Grey…

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/07/02/marvel-now-bring-you-the-return-of-jean-grey/

Ah...yeah, no offense but I think your prediction may be off a bit. ;)

This is definitely going to be huge because WD is already a huge book and all those regular readers want all the variant covers, not to mention the fact that the 1:200 cover has become a serious chase item for collectors.

Just look at the thread where Gator is pre ordering this set for boardies, he had a huge uptake for his offer on these.

I kind of thought that the Ultimate Universe was there way of "re-launching" things, while leaving the main lineage in tact. I'm interested to see what happens, as I've had mixed feelings about DC 52.

The Ultimate Universe should have been the way in which Marvel re-invented their characters for the 21st century but they managed to muck the whole thing up.

The new DC 52 is fairly pointless - as has already been mentioned it is more than likely that they will go back to the original numbering as Action and Detective crawl towards 1000.

Nothing lasts forever. Marvel is just another publisher. Eventually, the sparks will fade. In my opinion, as a whole, Marvel has not been a quality publisher in many years. That doesn't mean that there hasn't been quality stories published in many years, but as a whole, their publishing machine has been running out of gas. As their publishing ability is fading, their movie making ability is rising.