• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rose City Comic Con -- Portland Or. -- Sep. 8 & 9

69 posts in this topic

Can't make this, toast. :(

I'll be in LA.

ON IMPORTANT LITERARY BUSINESS.

This sounds familiar. hm Our next meeting will have to be twice as epic then. Have a great time in L.A. ON YOUR IMPORTANT LITERARY BUSINESS.

So I get all checked in at the hotel, go up to my room, use the electronic key to get in and the first thing I see is that someone's luggage is sitting up on the desk. I know I have the right room and poke my head around the corner and scared the sheeet out of some lady who was hanging out watching tv.

Yeah, turns out they gave me the wrong room. :tonofbricks: The lady in the room was pretty chill after I explained it to her. Needless to say, free upgrade. (thumbs u

So I get all checked in at the hotel, go up to my room, use the electronic key to get in and the first thing I see is that someone's luggage is sitting up on the desk. I know I have the right room and poke my head around the corner and scared the sheeet out of some lady who was hanging out watching tv.

Yeah, turns out they gave me the wrong room. :tonofbricks: The lady in the room was pretty chill after I explained it to her. Needless to say, free upgrade. (thumbs u

My adventure at the Double Tree keeps getting better. Now I was told that my room reservation was only for one night. :censored: I know I booked it for two, no doubt. Turns out there are three conventions in town and I was told 'good luck' getting a room.

The comic gods have smiled upon me and I scored a room one block away with an in-room spa for the same rate here. :headbang:

Getting up and getting ready to see what this show is going to be all about. See you freaks in a few.

:D

Man I wish I could have seen that ladys face.

Sorry I couldn't make it today guys. I had to wait for my BeachBum shipment until 2:30 and still have to sell a few comics to reach our 'lets make a family savings goal' :facepalm:

And with football being on tomorrow and the father in law coming to visit, looks like I'll have to wait until next year.

I expect loads of updates tomorrow! :sumo:

Jerome

I was very skeptical about how this show would do considering the lack of quality guest, two in-state NCAA football games, and other factors. It was hot, muggy and everyone in the place was sweating due to the ninety-degree weather and there was no AC in the exhibit hall. :cry::censored:

No matter - people came out in droves for this show and I was busy all day long. Holy sheeet! What a crazy day. Best. Portland. Show. Ever. The place was completely packed to the point that they had to stop people from coming in due to capacity at least ten times. :o

Sales included:

Iron Man 55

Iron Man 1

HOS 92

X-Men 266

Wolverine 1 (CGC 8.5)

X-Men 141

New Teen Titans 2

Batman 244

Saga 1

Manhattan Projects 1

X-Factor 24

Conan 23, 24

My experience here in Portland at shows has been a lot of book gropers - you know, the folks that ask to see this book and that book off your wall, they hold them and marvel at them, but they never buy. This show has been the complete opposite with a lot of serious buyers.

Amazingly, I have sold very little Walking Dead at this show, maybe two books. Adventure Time! is doing okay here. A lot of fifty-cents books flying out of my booth and I've been told I have the best prices at the show. Also sold a lot of 'Toon Tumblers, coffee mugs, shot glasses, and Mega Mega Magnets.

Had dinner with Menace, Mrs. Menace, MstrCntrl (Hero Restoration), my good friend Al and a lovely lady named Vanessa. Put down a few Hefs at dinner, and topped off the tank with a few more at the hotel bar where I was serenaded by pirates while Batman put down a few at the bar. Toast is all in and hitting the hay in a big way zzz

Sorry I couldn't make it today guys. I had to wait for my BeachBum shipment until 2:30 and still have to sell a few comics to reach our 'lets make a family savings goal' :facepalm:

And with football being on tomorrow and the father in law coming to visit, looks like I'll have to wait until next year.

I expect loads of updates tomorrow! :sumo:

Jerome

You only live once, son. Step up and live it like you want :baiting:

Seriously,, sorry you couldn't make it. It was a great show all day.