• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead #100 15 Covers

486 posts in this topic

I saw a photo today that showed 15 variants of walking dead 100. I can only think of 13. Does anyone know how you get the other three?

1-8 Normal Covers

9 Chrome Cover

10 1:200 Retailer Incentive

11 Comicon Variant

12 SDCC Exposure event.

13 Comixology

14 ??????

15 ?????

16 2nd Printing

As someone else stated, there will be more than 15 now since two covers have sold out and will no doubt go into second printings with a different cover for each. :-)

Edit:

13 Ottley sketch

14 blank sketch

15?? Though looks like a black blank sketch of some sort

How ridiculous is having 15 covers,reminds me of the 90s all over again.Well they are insuring that the book will sell well,with all the completionists that collect comics. :facepalm:

I'm looking forward to seeing if any of the 8 regular diamond solicited books will have any value in the secondary market a year from now because of low print run; whether Quitely drew Lucille, whether she is patient zero (whether she can talk, think, etc.) and if we are going to see Daryl or Merl Dixon at any time in issue 100. It kind of sucks that there's 15 covers, but for all the good that this series has done for the industry - I'm glad to see them get one hell of a pay day. I just hope that I can rationalize buying all 15 covers and live with myself and the money I'm going to have to shell out. lol

"I'm looking forward to seeing if any of the 8 regular diamond solicited books will have any value in the secondary market a year from now because of low print run".

Hello Boards! Long time voyeur, first time poster.

I read earlier (over at Bleeding Cool) that 3 out of the 8 covers had sold out, (those by McFarlane, Phillips and Ottley) with the other 5 covers remaining available for re-order. Perhaps this is indicative of lower print run?

How ridiculous is having 15 covers,reminds me of the 90s all over again.Well they are insuring that the book will sell well,with all the completionists that collect comics. :facepalm:

I wonder if many of these book will EVER be opened and read. I mean, once you've read it once there's no need to read the other 14 variants is there? hm

I think the main 9 (including the chrome cover) will become like Xmen 1 did back in the day. At first it will command some attention then it will just drop once we realize everyone already has at least one copy.

I think the special event one and the three unknowns will be the ones that will hold there value.

I read earlier (over at Bleeding Cool) that 3 out of the 8 covers had sold out, (those by McFarlane, Phillips and Ottley) with the other 5 covers remaining available for re-order. Perhaps this is indicative of lower print run?

Could also be because those are the three coolest looking covers of the bunch.

My LCS told me they ordered one copy of each for me. Knowing how Diamond is though, I wouldn't be surprised if my store gets shorted and I only get the crappy Adlard cover that's similar to 97-99.

Yo!

Spoiler alert for some would be good.

I am aware of rumours but some guests may not.

Just a thought guys.....

"I'm looking forward to seeing if any of the 8 regular diamond solicited books will have any value in the secondary market a year from now because of low print run".

No.

Total print run, INCLUDING the different variables are ( allegedly) nudging 230,000.

Thats according to my LCS who order direct from USA distributors.

Someone said on another post 330k.

I'd be amazed if either is true as the last 20 episodes averaged 38,000 per month in pre-orders.

Yo!

Spoiler alert for some would be good.

I am aware of rumours but some guests may not.

Just a thought guys.....

You only need a spoiler alert if you're giving away the story inside the book, not for how many variants or what's printed on the covers.

Otherwise we couldn't talk about anything could we?

No.

Total print run, INCLUDING the different variables are ( allegedly) nudging 230,000.

Thats according to my LCS who order direct from USA distributors.

Someone said on another post 330k.

I'd be amazed if either is true as the last 20 episodes averaged 38,000 per month in pre-orders.

From #96-99, the print run has been 55,000.

I'm looking forward to seeing if any of the 8 regular diamond solicited books will have any value in the secondary market a year from now because of low print run; whether Quitely drew Lucille, whether she is patient zero (whether she can talk, think, etc.) and if we are going to see Daryl or Merl Dixon at any time in issue 100. It kind of sucks that there's 15 covers, but for all the good that this series has done for the industry - I'm glad to see them get one hell of a pay day. I just hope that I can rationalize buying all 15 covers and live with myself and the money I'm going to have to shell out. lol

They won't. Not the regular covers anyway.

The cooler more popular covers may stay at cover or drop to $2, but the less popular will be in quarter boxes. Total print run is just too large.