• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just got my wisdom teeth out...

53 posts in this topic

I had all 4 of mine out at the same time. Afterwards I headed to my local games shop and played DnD for hours, periodically changing out increasingly less bloody gauze. Not a single painkiller except 2 ibuprofen.

I got mine pulled during a special ops in honduras.

It was very barbaric with pliers and I spit blood though out the rest of the mission...

I was called sgt (gene) simmons for the rest of the week.

Okay, I'll ask.

There was no time to do that before or after the mission?

"It's like you, flank the compound, you go through the tunnels... you... sit back I got me some teeth I wanna pull outta your mouth."

If it happened in the middle of the actual mission, what happened?

Went to bed last night feeling energetic and not wanting to sleep - classic kid.

Woke up at 5:30 AM and felt the pain, finally. The anaesthetic had totally worn off and I was aching like crazy. Got up to get some water and felt very queasy. Barely was able to take some painkillers and head back to bed.

Woke up later around 7:30 and felt fine. The painkillers did their job well. I swished with some salt water and took my antibiotics and here we are.

It was very barbaric with pliers and I spit blood though out the rest of the mission...

Okay, I'll ask.

"It's like you, flank the compound, you go through the tunnels... you... sit back I got me some teeth I wanna pull outta your mouth."

My team was always on deployment, so really there wasn't any before or after.

Being a Ft.Drum Mountain troop in a Ranger Div was a hardship tour, but I knew that prior.

Luckily this wasn't a heavy mission. My mouth ached on the plane ride down

and I knew I would find a place there. The dentist was grateful, he knew some of the contras we were helping.

Okay, I'll ask.

My team was always on deployment, so really there wasn't any before or after.

Being a Ft.Drum Mountain troop in a Ranger Div was a hardship tour, but I knew that prior.

Luckily this wasn't a heavy mission. My mouth ached on the plane ride down

and I knew I would find a place there. The dentist was grateful, he knew some of the contras we were helping.

Wow - cool - Thanks for the response.

Talking and moving is difficult due to the heavy antibiotics and painkillers (they numbed my mouth this morning but the general freezing still hasn't left) but I am feeling relaxed and conversational.

How is everyone doing tonight? I'm in the mood for pictures of comics, specifically group shots and comic rooms... so if you have nothing better to do than go ahead and share them here :grin:

I have a chocolate pudding and I'm going to brew some decaf tea - life is good.

The day after was the worst for me. Enjoy that. :foryou:

I had my upper two pulled and my lower two surgically removed when I was 14. Been 18 years now, but back then doctors weren't so easy to prescribe narcotics for pain management. I just had ibuprofen.

Can safely say it was the worst pain from surgery i've ever endured, including lower back surgery.