• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanos - Cancelled? Hiatus? Forgot To Write One?

26 posts in this topic

Don't worry Marvel will flood the market with more x-man spin offs and spider-man titles 893frustrated.gif

Thanos was neither. This was actually a great title with an excellent storyline.

I agree. It was actually a really well scripted, well drawn series. It's kind of a shame that they put out She-Hulk vol. 3 but couldn't continue Thanos.

Never been a real big fan of Warlock. Of course I haven't fully read his history too much. I thought that his Infinity crew was kinda weak, (Gamorra, Pip, and Moondragon).

Thanos has always been kind of a misunderstood "villain" and I thought this series could have really explored that.

At the Philly con Starlin told me exactly why he left Thanos with issue #6.

He wanted to do something with Adam Warlock and was told that someone else had plans for him (presumably this new Warlock series that premieres in September).

He thought that was quite strange considering Warlock was a supporting character in Thanos - Starlin felt Warlock was under his jurisdiction and he should have been told about any plans for the character (so as not to contradict).

Marvel told him there wasn't anything he could do about it, so Jim quit.

Don't worry Marvel will flood the market with more x-man spin offs and spider-man titles

Madrox #1

Gambit #1

Jubilee #1

Nightcrawler #1 ...four new X-series all coming to you in September !!!

CRC

Oh, for the love of god.......How many more freakin X books can there possibely be? 893frustrated.gif

Curious but how many villains have actually be able to carry a long term series on their own? Can't think of any off hand. Why is that?

I guess it depends on who you consider a villain. Some would say the Punisher is one, and he's able to carry his own series (as long as they don't flood the market with spinoffs like WAR JOURNAL, WAR ZONE, and ARMORY).

And what about Deadpool? His series lasted a good 60 issues.

SMEG !!! This was the only current Marvel title I really liked because it reminded me of the 70's and 80's Marvel books...

I didn't even mind THAT much when Starlin left and Ron Lim took over...

Everybody that read it, liked it and it sold enough not to be under cancellation thread....

SMEG SMEG SMEG sign-rantpost.gif

Curious but how many villains have actually be able to carry a long term series on their own? Can't think of any off hand. Why is that?

I guess it depends on who you consider a villain. Some would say the Punisher is one, and he's able to carry his own series (as long as they don't flood the market with spinoffs like WAR JOURNAL, WAR ZONE, and ARMORY).

And what about Deadpool? His series a good 60 issues.

He asked what villain has carried a long running series. I answered Deadpool, who is considered villain in the marvel universe.

At the Philly con Starlin told me exactly why he left Thanos with issue #6.

He wanted to do something with Adam Warlock and was told that someone else had plans for him (presumably this new Warlock series that premieres in September).

He thought that was quite strange considering Warlock was a supporting character in Thanos - Starlin felt Warlock was under his jurisdiction and he should have been told about any plans for the character (so as not to contradict).

Marvel told him there wasn't anything he could do about it, so Jim quit.

Good for him!

I too am disappointed Thanos is cancelled. Oh, but you get Jubilee! WTF!?! 893frustrated.gif

Oh well, at least they are not tearing up the Avengers... what? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He asked what villain has carried a long running series. I answered Deadpool, who is considered villain in the marvel universe.

gossip.gifI began typing my response before your post appeared.

gossip.gifI began typing my response before your post appeared.

thumbsup2.gif