• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Back again with CGG (along with CGC)

458 posts in this topic

Hey, you guys need to realize that I would be submitting to CGG for the one and only purpose of selling these books on Ebay. I won't be keeping the dang things. This decision is from a business perspective. Considering the cost, but much moreso the time involved with CGC slabs, it is just not wise to submit my fairly inexpensive Economy books, and hype-driven Moderns to CGC. People DO buy CGG books. And as long as you get a halfway decent grade, the CGG slabs sell for MUCH MORE than selling the same book raw. Believe me, I've done it both ways. So, tie up your books for four months with CGC and then sell them? Or make a little less money but turn the books over a heck of alot faster with CGG? Just a business decision guys, and I think a pretty good one. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I'm not talkin' about 'Tec 27 of AF #15 ya' know. Mostly just books with a FMV under $200. ------Sid

Sid

Relax your a small dealer it is a smart business decision thumbsup2.gif There are a lot of closet CGGroup people here 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif Stop saying your sorry for doing what makes sense.

RS

Thanks RS, I knew I would gain your support. foreheadslap.gif

If anything should make you question the wisdom of your decision, this is it. gossip.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif You got me thinking foreheadslap.gif

Hey, you guys need to realize that I would be submitting to CGG for the one and only purpose of selling these books on Ebay. I won't be keeping the dang things. This decision is from a business perspective. Considering the cost, but much moreso the time involved with CGC slabs, it is just not wise to submit my fairly inexpensive Economy books, and hype-driven Moderns to CGC. People DO buy CGG books. And as long as you get a halfway decent grade, the CGG slabs sell for MUCH MORE than selling the same book raw. Believe me, I've done it both ways. So, tie up your books for four months with CGC and then sell them? Or make a little less money but turn the books over a heck of alot faster with CGG? Just a business decision guys, and I think a pretty good one. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I'm not talkin' about 'Tec 27 of AF #15 ya' know. Mostly just books with a FMV under $200. ------Sid

Sid

Relax your a small dealer it is a smart business decision thumbsup2.gif There are a lot of closet CGGroup people here 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif Stop saying your sorry for doing what makes sense.

RS

27_laughing.gif

Sid

RS

27_laughing.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Thanks RS, I knew I would gain your support. foreheadslap.gif

If anything should make you question the wisdom of your decision, this is it. gossip.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif You got me thinking foreheadslap.gif

I don't believe in fairy tales. confused-smiley-013.gif

There are a lot of closet CGGroup people here

Sorry, RS, but they would probably not even fill a closet. 27_laughing.gif

Not the closets you up staters have. 27_laughing.gif That would get you $1200 in NYC as a one room apartment insane.gif

Sid

RS

thumbsup2.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Good thinking, go with CGG (the inferior company).. that'll show those bastards at CGC!! Steve, my books should be there sometime soon. I'd rather wait out the turnaround than use a 2nd class service.

Brian

Good thinking, go with CGG (the inferior company).. that'll show those bastards at CGC!! Steve, my books should be there sometime soon. I'd rather wait out the turnaround than use a 2nd class service.

Brian

Exactly.

Brian

Exactly.

That's fine, it's your decision. But are you a dealer? And do you want your $50 - $200 books sitting with CGC for four months? I sure don't. That is valuable inventory that is tied up and not working for you. In all seriousness, I believe what I am doing is a very WISE business decision. No joke, and no bias holding me back from making that decision. ----Sid

Don't succumb to peer pressure!

It seems to be a business driven decision (You're going to sell it on eBay and any slab seems to sell better than no slab)... so have at it and good luck.

It seems to be a business driven decision (You're going to sell it on eBay and any slab seems to sell better than no slab)...

Pure and simple fellas.... couldn't of said it better myself. -----Sid

It seems to be a business driven decision (You're going to sell it on eBay and any slab seems to sell better than no slab)... so have at it and good luck.

Too true. After all, "if it's in plastic, it's worth more money."

Yup, and as long as it stays that way, why not? Probably won't last forever.

Brian

Exactly.

That's fine, it's your decision. But are you a dealer? And do you want your $50 - $200 books sitting with CGC for four months? I sure don't. That is valuable inventory that is tied up and not working for you. In all seriousness, I believe what I am doing is a very WISE business decision. No joke, and no bias holding me back from making that decision. ----Sid

Your only motivation in this hobby, it seems, is making money. You don't read your comics. Thus, you don't discuss anything of substance regarding a particular comic. The only reason why you supported & vehemently defended CGG from the outset was because you thought they would help pad your pocketbook (at the time you had many CGG comics that you were going to sell). Then CGG took hit after hit & eventually you turned your back on them because you felt their damaged reputation would hurt your future CGG sales. What has changed between then & now? Not much, if anything it's gotten worse for CGG. IMHO, you don't give a rat's arse about this hobby. The only thing you care about is the money you get from the sheep you fleece. That sucks man, it sucks bigtime. 893censored-thumb.gif

I was being sarcastic. Hence my use of quotes. gossip.gif

Brian

Exactly.

Your only motivation in this hobby, it seems, is making money. You don't read your comics. Thus, you don't discuss anything of substance regarding a particular comic. The only reason why you supported & vehemently defended CGG from the outset was because you thought they would help pad your pocketbook (at the time you had many CGG comics that you were going to sell). Then CGG took hit after hit & eventually you turned your back on them because you felt their damaged reputation would hurt your future CGG sales. What has changed between then & now? Not much, if anything it's gotten worse for CGG. IMHO, you don't give a rat's arse about this hobby. The only thing you care about is the money you get from the sheep you fleece. That sucks man, it sucks bigtime. 893censored-thumb.gif

16_5_24.gif

I was being sarcastic. Hence my use of quotes. gossip.gif

FFB, this guy don't get it. His only motivation is the money. Sad & pathetic. boo.gif