• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lance Rentzel aka Gerry Ross

35 posts in this topic

"ON NOVEMBER 23, 1970, Lance Rentzel was arrested for exposing himself to a ten-year-old girl. Soon afterward, Joey Heatherton asked for a separation, comedians composed the Lance Rentzel Hit Parade, which included such song titles as "Easy to be Hard" or "Baby Love," and an unknown genius distributed a bumper sticker reading Keep It In Your Pants, Lance."

The joke I remember was that the evidence wouldn't stand up in court.

Saw that picture and went surfing for 1000000 comix info.

Whoa found this old interview in 1986.

there is your guy

Holy !

Is this guy STILL here in Montreal ??

Can i give him a message from any of you guys ?

As a newbie,id be delighted. :grin:

Worth watching.

Interesting that he mentions Frank Miller Dark Knight #1 being worth $30 back then as a good investment. Does anybody know what the book value of it is now?

$65 in NM, according to OS.

I sold my last NM copy for $18.75 doh!

there is your guy

Holy !

Worth watching.

Interesting that he mentions Frank Miller Dark Knight #1 being worth $30 back then as a good investment. Does anybody know what the book value of it is now?

Or just over $36 in 1986 money. Score!

yep inflation :) and with Ebay and Paypal fees we just about break even on his future investment pick.

there is your guy

Holy !

Worth watching.

:o

$5000 for a Action 7. :takeit: ten of them

Taking 10 of them from Gerry would mean you might have 10 amateurish restored copies though :(

I have a hell of a story coming up for the board regarding Gerry, I'll post it in about a month's time when everything lines up. The timing of this thread is quite odd. I think the comic industry is about to witness the re-emergence of Gerry Ross. Everyone buying SA and GA books needs to be extra vigilant when dealing with CL, Kijiji, and ebay.

Edited by Jay1982

Taking 10 of them from Gerry would mean you probably have 10 amateurish restored copies though :(

Wouldn't want to get sued :D

I have a hell of a story coming up for the board regarding Gerry, I'll post it in about a month's time when everything lines up. The timing of this thread is quite odd. I think the comic industry is about to witness the re-emergence of Gerry Ross. Everyone buying SA and GA books needs to be extra vigilant when dealing with CL, Kijiji, and ebay.

You have my attention. Can't wait for the story. :popcorn:

Taking 10 of them from Gerry would mean you probably have 10 amateurish restored copies though :(

ditto

there is your guy

Holy !

Worth watching.

To be fair, Overstreet overvalues a lot of books, especially from the ' 80s onwards.

Taking 10 of them from Gerry would mean you have 10 amateurish restored copies though :(

What on earth is Merry Gerry going to do?

lol, thanks for altering my quote. Indeed, I should change it to avoid any potential further communications from him.

On 7/9/2012 at 12:08 AM, montrealfilmguy said:

Old thread, i know. Just wanted to say that after all these years he is still indeed in Montreal. He goes through his old contacts trying to see if he can reach out to anyone to buy his books.

On 7/9/2012 at 10:31 PM, Jay1982 said:

Taking 10 of them from Gerry would mean you might have 10 amateurish restored copies though :(

We could use a heck of a story.....looking forward to it