• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official Commissions-You-Are-Waiting-For Thread

117 posts in this topic

Do you want me to post any comments for you on the Byrne board?

Thanks for the offer! You can post what I said here from this part on...

"...whoever said Byrne's quality has been dipping - I strongly disagree.

Byrne has managed to make this cover better than the original by Gil Kane. But Byrne did the interiors for that issue. I wonder if the Byrne of 1977 had the know-how and experience to do a cover that good, or did Marvel make the right call in choosing Kane.

Spider-Man gets to fill the entire page, Byrne gives a tip of the hat to Kane with the pose of Ms. Marvel which is based on Spidey's pose on the original cover, and we all know how awesome Byrne's Super-Skrull is."

----(and add this)-----

"Backgrounds? Who said Byrne doesn't do backgrounds? It's right here, Spidey already fills up most of the page but Byrne still manages to put waves and the cruise ship there (complete with the lifeboats)"

Done!

I just saw it and thanks for posting it. I will be having a better email address soon so I should be able to join the board.

If not too much trouble, just want to add also (and you can post if you want):

"I love how JB's Spider-Man is classic and not the more modern incarnations where the eyes are too big, the head too oval, and the physique too thin. JB puts the 'man' in Spider-Man."

..but if no need to add, it's fine too.

I really can't wait to get it!

I've been waiting for a Craig Hamilton commission for over three years.....

I'll see your three and raise you two more. (thumbs u

I'm still waiting for my Jack Kirby commission, it's taking forever! I have no idea what the hold up is!

I got mine last week. (shrug)

Picked up one of my commissions today at the Baltimore show

Michael Dooney - 1887 Lady Ock - Kind of an obscure character to ask for but I really liked his 1887 women but wanted a doc ock so I picked Lady Ock (Doc Ock's assistant that took over the mantle in the '90s)

MDooney_Lady_Ock.jpg

Okay, Chris Stevens just emailed me. I am on the clock. I just paid my deposit and it is a go...Asgardian Storm. And amazingly I will be the first to obtain a new commission approach from Chris. Just as my Dr. Strange & The Mindless Ones was his first break into the color copics for commissions, Asgardian Storm will be an oil painting! ^^

And now I find out that my Mike Allred commission is done. I declined to see a scan, but Simon has seen it I guess. Simon and I referred to it as the "strange Dr. Strange" commission (I think he came up with that). I asked for Doc and Clea, Wong, Rintrah, and The Ancient One at the beach. A day off, spent at the beach. When Simon started arranging Mike Allred commissions I initially had an idea of the Defenders at the beach playing volleyball, an idea I would only think of asking Mike Allred to execute. Well, that seemed unwieldy and too many characters (meaning too much cash - coulda been $800-$100 extra for those characters) so I made it Doc and his posse, going for one extra character. I must say, this could be sad. I do not expect it, but it could be sad. I have such high hopes for this commission, it better rock my socks off. full-on JACKBLACKmode "C'mon Allred, kick it with a tasty groove. Kick it. Kick it. For chissakes would you kick it Allred!" If it isn't everything I have hoped for, which is a really tall order, I will have wasted the cash because this one is not gonna retain value on resale. But I do think I will have a smile on my face, a real spoon-eatin' grin from that awesome Allred tastiness, when I open it Monday (Saturday maybe?)!!!

Thanks Mike and Si!