• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Japanese actors have been cast for The Wolverine

63 posts in this topic

Rila Fukushima as Yukio.

000000052725-rila_fukushima-fullsize.jpg

Interesting choice. It'll be interesting to see what they do with her. I always thought of Yukio's facial features being more "handsome" than "cute".

I can totally see Hal Yamanouchi as Lord Shingen - I hope that's what they are thinking. :wishluck:

What a great way to end the day.

That is one ugly woman. :ohnoez:

Definatly qualifies as one of those Meth "after" pictures hm

I live in Montana. That girl definitely does not look like a Meth head. I'd let her crawl all over me on the Japanese bullet-train tracks any day.

She looks like a Japanese Rihanna...

Rila Fukushima as Yukio.

Interesting choice. It'll be interesting to see what they do with her. I always thought of Yukio's facial features being more "handsome" than "cute".

I can totally see Hal Yamanouchi as Lord Shingen - I hope that's what they are thinking. :wishluck:

I live in Montana. That girl definitely does not look like a Meth head. I'd let her crawl all over me on the Japanese bullet-train tracks any day.

You must mean hott.

His flaming homosexuality causing all the fanboys to squirm & cry is what I really meant by best part.

I don't care if the guy sings on Broadway in gold disco pants, he fits Wolverine pretty well. I am very glad they didn't go for Dougray Scott back in the day.

I agree, Jackman is absolutely perfect casting for Wolverine (thumbs u

Logan510 and I agree on a Wolverine-related topic!

happy-dance.jpg

I don't do sarcasm very well :sorry:

Don't worry - this time I was being genuine. We seem to debate on Wolvie things, except on this one instance. (thumbs u

Now I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. :cry:

Rila Fukushima as Yukio.

You must mean hott.

Indeed.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/07/09/japanese-actors-cast-in-japanese-roles-for-the-wolverine/

I'm glad they did this :cool:

I hope they'll learn from their mistakes from X-Men Origins:Wolverine :wishluck:

What mistakes were those?

Adding too many mutant cameos.

Making Emma Frost Silver Fox's sister :P

And We really didn't need a origin story of Wolverine since the X-Men movies did a better job on that than the movie.

But I did enjoyed the movie overall,3 out of 5 :)

Rila Fukushima as Yukio.

You misspelled Piranha. :gossip:

Rila Fukushima as Yukio.

lol

Rila Fukushima as Yukio.

The bigger the teeth.

James Mangold is directing, so I'm confident this will be miles better than origins. His credits include Girl, Interrupted, Walk the Line, and 3:10 to Yuma.

3:10 to Yuma... (worship)

I'm sorry, but I'm really old school. Shouldn't Wolverine:Origins(the movie) have somehow incorporated the events of Hulk #181? Same thing with this upcoming movie?

I think there's a great opportunity to develop a story that leads up to the events of 181 - but since Hulk and Wolverine are licensed to two different companies, I'd guess we'll never get something like that. It would be cool, though (can you imagine the climax of a Wolverine movie being the fight with Hulk and Wendigo?)

I'm pretty excited about the Miller/Claremont story being used - that's what got me hooked on Wolvie when I was 10 years old.

I'm sorry, but I'm really old school. Shouldn't Wolverine:Origins(the movie) have somehow incorporated the events of Hulk #181? Same thing with this upcoming movie?

I think there's a great opportunity to develop a story that leads up to the events of 181 - but since Hulk and Wolverine are licensed to two different companies, I'd guess we'll never get something like that. It would be cool, though (can you imagine the climax of a Wolverine movie being the fight with Hulk and Wendigo?)

I'm pretty excited about the Miller/Claremont story being used - that's what got me hooked on Wolvie when I was 10 years old.

Interesting, that's when the character started to lose it's luster for me, loved the art though :cloud9: