• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2013, July 18-21, San Diego, Ca.

577 posts in this topic

Not sure about parking. Ill run the escape if there's some sort of incentive. Not running it if there isn't. Damn course kicked my azz last year (didn't get infected though) :)

Thanks. Yea, this year for WD they have cash prizes. Pay and run the course and grab supplies this time. If you grab the stuff and not infected. You come back on Sunday with those who did the same and run the course a 2nd time for free. fastest times get prizes. 1st time through you can be slow or fast, just not infected and grab the stuff earns the 2nd run. I'm going Fri at 9pm.

I signed up for WD this year. A buddy who ran it last year convinced a few more to sign up this year. Should be cool.

Parking people say you should follow them on twitter and fb to get the fastest notification when parking goes on sale. I just know they are called ace parking.

Anyone know off hand when approx. the parking passes go on sale for? Anyone running the Walking Dead at Petco this year?

Last year, parking went on sale April 23rd.

I am a first timer to SDCC. Can you tell me what the parking cost was last year?

Is there supposed to be a 2nd round of SDCC badges for sale May/13? I noticed lots of online :P warnings, that if you buy into Hotel Circle by Monday March 11/13 (to get free breakfast or internet access) :wishluck: , your hotel is NOT cancellable even if you are not able to get a badge.

With this Walking Dead run thing. I heard about it last year but wasn't yet into the WD so I didn't pay much attention. But now I'm a superfan and I'm interested. What exactly is it? Is it a crowded mess with long lines or is it something fun and easy to get involved in? Do we "dress up" or go as ourselves? I may want to do this unless it is some kind of time consuming crowded fiasco.

Anyone know off hand when approx. the parking passes go on sale for? Anyone running the Walking Dead at Petco this year?

Last year, parking went on sale April 23rd.

I am a first timer to SDCC. Can you tell me what the parking cost was last year?

Below the convention center or in the nearby Hilton parking structure was $10 per day, but once you paid the service fees for buying the parking passes online, it ended up being $13.45 per day.

With this Walking Dead run thing. I heard about it last year but wasn't yet into the WD so I didn't pay much attention. But now I'm a superfan and I'm interested. What exactly is it? Is it a crowded mess with long lines or is it something fun and easy to get involved in? Do we "dress up" or go as ourselves? I may want to do this unless it is some kind of time consuming crowded fiasco.

Since you have to pay for it and you pick a time there really isn't much waiting. When I went there were maybe 20-30 people in my "round". You can go as yourself or dress up but I would wear clothes your comfortable exercising in. It's basically an obstacle course with zombies.

I loved doing it last year. The fact that the comic basically paid for the race made it even better.

Since you have to pay for it and you pick a time there really isn't much waiting. When I went there were maybe 20-30 people in my "round". You can go as yourself or dress up but I would wear clothes your comfortable exercising in. It's basically an obstacle course with zombies.

I loved doing it last year. The fact that the comic basically paid for the race made it even better.

Sounds interesting. So are there employees or "actors" dressed up as zombies that try to get us or "infect" us as we run through? Are there any kind of shirts or plaques or stickers "I survived a walker attack" kind of things? Hmmm, I might do it. I just usually avoid things that are more hassle than fun, but this seems as if it might be worth it. Could you direct me to the link where i'd find out the info or sign up? I haven't seen it yet, probably just missed it I guess. Thanks!

I signed up for WD this year. A buddy who ran it last year convinced a few more to sign up this year. Should be cool.

Parking people say you should follow them on twitter and fb to get the fastest notification when parking goes on sale. I just know they are called ace parking.

Follow Comic-Con on twitter, opt in for mobile alerts. I did last year, got a text right before parking went on sale and bought 4 day passes under the convention center.

It's so far away and yet, I'm so excited! I really hope they have more badge sales and I am able to get one for a friend - he wasn't able to get one the first time and I really want him to be able to come

was looking to buy tickets for the show, sold out already? any any chance i can buy tickets after the refund deadline?
SDCC sells out in under one hour of tickets going on sale every year. Last year there was a small batch of badges sold after the refund deadline, however they were all single day.