• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2013, July 18-21, San Diego, Ca.

577 posts in this topic

I got an email last week about upcoming deadline to confirm my hotel reservation...I never got initial email, but thank goodness got this one...

:(

Yeah. I thought he said last year was his last year.

it was last year settin up my own booth. Going stag this year and hanging with the bunkys! Will crash graham crackers too

So, I'm looking at flights - turns out that the schedule of flights going out of San Diego late on Sunday is non-existent.

As between flying out at 3:00pm on Sunday, or paying for another night's hotel and flying out Monday - does anyone have much experience? How much is happening after, say, 1:00PM on Sunday at SDCC?

So, I'm looking at flights - turns out that the schedule of flights going out of San Diego late on Sunday is non-existent.

As between flying out at 3:00pm on Sunday, or paying for another night's hotel and flying out Monday - does anyone have much experience? How much is happening after, say, 1:00PM on Sunday at SDCC?

SDCC has gotten more crowded every year. Sunday is pretty dead, but you may be able to get some decent discounts from dealers who don't want to haul stuff back home. Still the exhibit hall will be packed on Sunday. There also may be some panels that you may wish to attend on Sunday. Hotel rooms are going run $300 per night. Depending on how much stuff you have, you can actually take the bus from Old Town San Diego to the airport instead of taking a taxi.

Sunday evening is pretty mellow and a great time to hang out. Monday morning is kind of sad as you see everything being packed up and the city returning to normal. I usually go wed to mon but have shortened this year to thurs to sun. I'm going to miss Sunday evening and wed afternoon.

Hotels went up a few minutes ago.

Got my submission in at 9:02 AM

They make you do six hotel selections this time around, no more, no less.

Wednesday 7/17 - Sunday 7/24

These were my picks in order:

1. San Diego Marriot Marquis

2. Omni San Diego

3. Hard Rock San Diego - Hard Rock Suites

4. Hard Rock San Diego - Studio

5. Hilton San Diego Bayfront

6. Manchester Grand Hyatt

Good luck Dre. I finished at 9:03 and had Omni on top

What were your other choices?

I went for distance of the Hotel to the comic portion of the Con over actual price. I'm crossing my fingers for the Marquis again this year. Being next door made things a lot easier last year.

Good luck to you as well

Omni

Manchester Grand Hyatt

Manchester Grand Hyatt Premium View Rooms

San Diego Marriott Marquis and Marina

Hilton San Diego Bayfront

Marriott Gaslamp Quarter

I like being close and taking breaks at my room .

I was also in at 9:02, my picks are below (in order from first to last).

Marriott Marquis

Hard Rock

Hilton Gaslamp

Omni

Hilton Bayfront

Marriott Gaslamp

Best of luck to everyone, hope we all get our first choice!

Got in at 9:02 with the same choices as well. My middle 4 were in a different order though.

I was stuck at work and had my wife book it, but it was new to her and she was nervous. She texted me at 9:05 and told me it was done, so I may not have the speediest reservation. Geez, now I really hope I get in because she'll probably feel worse than me if I don't get in! I do however have a Motel 6 booked in Chula Vista as a "backup". Feast or famine I guess! My list of six were similar to above but I skipped The Marriott since I know that is usually #1 on everyone's list. In the last several years I mostly stayed at the Manchester Grand Hyatt and Hilton Bayfront. And yes, it makes all the difference being in one of the top nearby hotels. Even when in your room it feels as if the con is still around you. Pretty much anything more than three blocks away and you are out of it. This time of year, I prefer the crazy over the peace!

Good luck Dre. I finished at 9:03 and had Omni on top

What were your other choices?

I went for distance of the Hotel to the comic portion of the Con over actual price. I'm crossing my fingers for the Marquis again this year. Being next door made things a lot easier last year.

Good luck to you as well

Hey Dre,

Did you already reserve the 5 53' trailers you are going to need to bring everything back home? :insane: